Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Finding a hotel in Indy this year was very hard. I know Michigan fans travel well and that wouldn't be as much of an issue if them or MSU made it to a game hosted in Detroit since a lot of fans are local, but I think the city would need a lot more rooms to host the B10 championship. Indianapolis has invested a lot to be an event/conference destination, and if people struggled to find a room there this year, I can't imagine how Detroit would fare.
    There are more hotel rooms in the Detroit metro than Indy metro by about 15,000 according to a quick google search. Is the Indy convention set up nicer than Detroit’s? Obviously, yes. That fact doesn’t convince me that Indy should have that game every single year, especially considering that Universities constantly talk about inclusion, fairness and equality then continue to steer all the money from the champ game into the same pockets annually. Next up is the multitude of accusations on why a playoff format in NCAA football can’t displace the bowl system because of the corrupt financial trail awarding salaries and perks from tickets, hotel suites, dining and limos to every power broker and their brother in NCAA football and a clearer picture starts to come into focus. If Detroit could handle a Super Bowl, we surely could handle a B10 champ game every few years.

I remain convinced if the B10 was actually concerned about transparency and inclusion they would welcome moving the high dollar events around the geographic area of the conference. When they constantly decide to go to Indy it reeks of where the decision makers feel the most comfortable getting the perks they are accustomed to getting. It’s far easier to shake down those who have already been paying up consistently and any thought of sharing the economic benefits of the big events across multiple diverse communities be damned.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; March-30-22 at 08:01 PM.