Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by tahleel View Post
    Where is your home located? How did you come up with the value? Did you tell the company what work was done, and they calculated it? Is it 2x SEV? Or was it appraised? Or did you come up with this number?

I'll definitely give them a call Monday and see what they can do.

Thanks!

-Tahleel
    Warrendale. That is the number they came up with. I have been in this house since prior to proposal A so SEV don't mean much. They ran my credit and told me that they were going to give me a VERY GOOD rate because they need to write policies in Detroit and most folks that they get are bad risks. Garage is another $15k, $300k for Bodily injury, $110k for personal property [[too much in my opinion), $30k additional expenses. I also have an alarm on the house and a high deductible [[though lower than what many of you are paying for a year).

The only reason why I am sharing all of this is that a lot of you are getting screwed. You need to read about how insurance works and get several quotes.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; August-29-09 at 08:43 PM.