Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

^Watch out you! These days yah might be banished-to-the-cornfield for making what may misconstrued an Asian slur in yo' pronunciation there [smile]......

We love our Toys. They make great used cars with affordable maintenance as it goes. We've never purchased them new so well beyond the criticism of not buying American. Heck! The last one was made in Kentucky! All of ours have gone over 250,000K comfortably and expectedly. No car's perfect, but the quality/ durability factor of Toyota's up thru 2010 has been awesome, IMO.

I don't do European cars [BMWs, Mercedes]. Sure, they can be great for the first 70K or so - the road handling is great. But as they age they become VERY steep money pits. I'll let the rich [smile] have 'em as they either can afford the hefty repairs as they age, or they ditch them onto the used car market. And some go for really cheap used. Until 'you' own them - and start the repair cycle......
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-17-22 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^Watch out you! These days yah might be banished-to-the-cornfield for making what may misconstrued an Asian slur in yo' pronunciation there [smile]......

We love our Toys. They make great used cars with affordable maintenance as it goes. We've never purchased them new so well beyond the criticism of not buying American. Heck! The last one was made in Kentucky! All of ours have gone over 250,000K comfortably and expectedly. No car's perfect, but the quality/ durability factor of Toyota's up thru 2010 has been awesome, IMO.

I don't do European cars [BMWs, Mercedes]. Sure, they can be great for the first 70K or so - the road handling is great. But as they age they become VERY steep money pits. I'll let the rich [smile] have 'em as they either can afford the hefty repairs as they age, or they ditch them onto the used car market. And some go for really cheap used. Until 'you' own them - and start the repair cycle......

Lol…
    about said slur, I didn’t know about that, however, I know that the family name is Toyoda…

Yes, I love my 2011 V6 Rav4 with Run flat tires which means that the wheelcase was disappeared on the backdoor which is nice. Mine was built in Ontario, so, added bonus there, too.

One of my boys has a Plug-in Prius, the other an old Infiniti where he pulled out the letters to leave FINI which means finished in French. He just had delivered a Toyota Chaser as a hobby car from Japan a month ago. He’ll be fiddling on it in the new garage I had built during COVID. His vanity plate is a wordplay that can't be shared in polite company. Oh well, what can I do?