Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1873

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    LOL! I had a shop just like that - turning up their nose at one of our cars.

That was the last time I went there! And I'm certain he had to adjust his 'snob' factor seeing as how many people are keeping the 10+ year old cars and how much the value has shot up for them!
    I think a lot of the shops do not fix older cars because they do not understand them,my UK friend has a 1989 mustang convertible,it’s Fla so no rust and they out out of the country 90% of the time,so only like 30,000 miles,it was sputtering so he took it to a chain repair place,they estimated $1200 to fix it,new computer etc.

I spent about 10 minutes with it and changed the corroded coil wire and it was fine,well as fine as a Ford can be anyways,I got of that game in 1998,so I can fix anything in a 1920 to 1998 after that forget it.

I have a 1997 Jaguar and was busy and took it to a shop for a valve cover gasket and change the belts,the shop got scared because it was a jag,so I told them relax it was built by Ford,just think of it as a cute Ford and it relived their fears.

First time I ever paid somebody else to work on my vehicles.

This chip thing going on,they are saying it will be 2023 or mid 2024 before it clears up,but rona virus or not,war breaks out with Russia and it will drag it out longer because most military hardware runs off of chips and that is where the market will be,then China make take the opportunity to go into Taiwan while everybody is distracted it will be another 4 years before the chips catch up.

Now they are saying the cars,even up to 2020 were using 3g network,and the providers are dropping 3g for 5g which is going to require software and hardware updates to existing vehicles.

The older cars do not use that fancy connected stuff,so they will not be affected.

Which is going to drive those prices up even more.

Because of the chip shortages and proprietary stuff,commercial equipment,construction equipment built as far back as the 70s are also bringing premium prices,closer to insane prices,because you can fix them without depending on the technology.

Thats the thing about Covid,you not only have to deal with Covid on the surface it also has thousands of little tentacles branching out affecting everything else in life as we know it.

I still like your Minnesota winter VW fix.

"...just think of it as a cute Ford and it relived their fears."

This means, it made them feel all
    of their fears again as though they
    were living through them again.

This is probably the exact opposite
    of your intended meaning.

To indicate easing their fears
    is RELIEVING their fears.
    Relieving their fears is making
    the fear go away completely.

Sometimes you do have to
    attend carefully to the exact
    spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    I still like your Minnesota winter VW fix.

"...just think of it as a cute Ford and it relived their fears."

This means, it made them feel all
    of their fears again as though they
    were living through them again.

This is probably the exact opposite
    of your intended meaning.

To indicate easing their fears
    is RELIEVING their fears.
    Relieving their fears is making
    the fear go away completely.

Sometimes you do have to
    attend carefully to the exact
    spelling.
    Depends on how you look at it,I never had any formal mechanic training outside of the factory school when I was a shop owner and in a test program to be an authorized independent warranty service center,as an option to going to the dealership.

I was considered a master mechanic,where you rebuild items verse replace them,I did not care what one drove and worked in a lot of high end vehicles that few would touch,not because I knew specifically how to work on them but because I knew the basics,I did not fear working on them.

Thats why mechanics have issues,it’s not that they do not know,it is because it takes them out of their comfort zone,where I looked at it as a challenge.

Its like anything,even including dealing with the corona virus,if you do not understand something you fear it,if you take the time to understand what you are dealing with,you remove the fear aspect and can view things without emotions driven by that fear.

These days it is easy because we have the information world at our fingertips,and can find all the tools we need to educate ourselves on any subject.

Did you know you can take a subject paragraph with 50 words,misspell 90% of those words but the average reader will understand the context of that paragraph based solely on the few correctly spelled words?

I have always been in a time is money business,people did not care about spelling or punctuation or pay more money for it,if I was a spelling teacher then yea okay,up until I quit high school I was 3rd in spelling in the district,priorities change when you are hungry and nobody has ever paid me for correct spelling or sentence structure.

Ever pay attention to the spell check word options? Somebody made big money to write that program and it also misspells words.

Read a professional newspaper or article online and see how many mistakes are made there,those are professionals that get paid to write and they cannot even get it right.

We drive nice used Toyota's and Honda's not a 100 years old but pre CVT tranny's and cook-your-engine-turbos etc. For those so inclined they're easy to fix and alot of them still run [over 100K] owing to durability [depending on the year and technology]. European also really load-up the technology and when gone bad they become very unaffordable.

I'd only 'lease' some of the new models now. Especially those those four cylinder hyper-turbos jobs. They'll never go long - best to dump before you get to 100K miles - not after. The shops I see around here seem very busy as people maintain what they have rather than subject themselves to the extreme markup related to this economy and hyper inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...I have a 1997 Jaguar and was busy and took it to a shop for a valve cover gasket and change the belts,the shop got scared because it was a jag,so I told them relax it was built by Ford, just think of it as a cute Ford and it re-lived their fears.

....That's the thing about Covid,you not only have to deal with Covid on the surface it also has thousands of little tentacles branching out affecting everything else in life as we know it.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-26-22 at 06:39 PM.

‘Elevator Karens’ Scuffle With Unmasked Black Man While Inexplicably Yelling ‘Black Lives Matter’ [?]

Umm-eh, I think some are really becoming unhinged in this time of COVID.... Talk about condescension, and crazy behaviors!

https://eurweb.com/2022/01/25/video-...lives-matter/#

Last edited by Zacha341; January-27-22 at 09:21 AM.

We drive nice used Toyota's and Honda's not a 100 years old but pre CVT tranny's and cook-your-engine-turbos etc. For those so inclined they're easy to fix and alot of them still run [over 100K] owing to durability [depending on the year and technology]. European also really load-up the technology and when gone bad they become very unaffordable.

I'd only 'lease' some of the new models now. Especially those those four cylinder hyper-turbos jobs. They'll never go long - best to dump before you get to 100K miles - not after. The shops I see around here seem very busy as people maintain what they have rather than subject themselves to the extreme markup related to this economy and hyper inflation.
    I cornered the market locally with Hondas in the mid 90s,I used to kick back to the dealership wholesalers and got every 10 year old Honda that came up,the newspaper used to only allow 3 car sales a month without be becoming a licensed dealer,so I found cute girls and gave them $100 to sell them from their homes with their phone numbers over the weekend,when you saw 10 used Hondas listed for sale in the paper,9 of them were mine.

It was the only car outside of Toyota that you could sell with 150,000 miles on a nobody would blink an eye.

I used to also send rust free ones from Florida to Minneapolis and get top dollar,weird part in that was I took a 1989 Honda Crx HF up there and it was getting over 50mpg,the only other vehicle at that time that could touch it was the VW truck which was also 50 mpg.

If you can find them a 1987-89 Honda Accord in decent condition still brings up to $15,000 and the CRX SI over $20,000 in PR.

Yes at that time American cars over 80,000 miles you could not give them away,not sure why it took them so long but I am seeing newer ones with over 200k miles on them still bringing top dollar.

Check these ones out

https://bringatrailer.com/honda/crx/?q=honda%20crx

I just sold a 1976 Ford truck f250 trailer special that was actually out of Michigan and used to go back and forth pulling a camper with 60,000 miles on it for $29,000,the engine got 4 MPG downhill.

Not sure if it COVID driving what is going on or policies but what ever it is it is insane.
    Last edited by Richard; January-26-22 at 07:21 PM.

Excellent Natural Immunity Confirmed [from those vaccinated and not... detailed]

See Dr. Campbell's latest discussion re. COVID citing the Centers for Disease and Controls Prevention Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report

Last edited by Zacha341; January-27-22 at 11:47 AM.

What's the Center for Disease Center's?

Excellent Natural Immunity Confirmed [from those vaccinated and not... detailed]

See Dr. Campbell's latest discussion re. COVID citing the Centers for Disease Center's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report

Very informative and Interesting. Thank You.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-27-22 at 10:52 AM.

The CDC - Centers for Disease and Controls Prevention:

https://www.cdc.gov/

That is what Dr. Campbell is referencing starting at about 0:30. I will go back and edit my post accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-27-22 at 12:18 PM.

Yes, Campbell's discussions are spot-on at several levels. More people are checking him out especially from his early reportings on Omicron.

Some reflexively [without having read, or heard his talks] assume him to be an anti-vaxxer. He's not. He presents, for example questions related to safer vaccines goings forward relative the aspiration option, etc. Or how natural immunity works with vaccines etc. As the boosters may probably be part of our response to COVID ongoing, of course we [as consumers of the products] need to know as much as possible. No?

Especially now as we have enough people vaccinated for varied feedback on their experiences with the vaccination option. Who [actually] would not want this information shared/ provided towards improving said vaccines? Why not? I am asking that somewhat rhetorically......

That recent interview with Karl Warner was particularly insightful IMO.

Long, but when you watch you see Warner's also is not an anti-vaxxer [and actually receives criticism for NOT being so]. He candidly talks about the problems sometime associated with vaccinations [beyond the usual divisive talking-points]. Who'd of thought? A side-effect free vaccine? Of course not.

The Youtube Empire is yet allowing their voices to be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Very informative and Interesting. Thank You.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-28-22 at 06:59 AM.

Sans the video one can also review the CDC reports here:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/index.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-27-22 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Its a think tank where scientists and pharmaceutical companies get together and brainstorm on how to tweak diseases for maximum profit.

So now they are saying the current variant represents over 95% of all cases,they will not have a specific vaccine for it until March at the earliest,but unless you get a shot that will be ineffective then you cannot retain employment now.

Absent from the majority of US news reports is the truck convoy going through Canada protesting vaccine mandates,one would figure one of the largest truck convoys in history with reports of over 50,000 supporters lining up along the way would garner a little attention on our side of the border,sense many fellow US truckers joined in.

Talk about supply chain issues,what happens when over 30,000 Canadian truckers alone call in sick for a few days.

70% of the $648 billion in cross border trade between Canada and the US,moves by truck.

When the convoy is expected to reach Trudeau office,he suddenly came down with covid and had to go quarantine at his remote cabin.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cBp6KkHsZXs
    Last edited by Richard; January-27-22 at 09:07 PM.

How is Glenn Beck doing? He had covid over a year ago, recovered, did not get vaccinated... and now [as of 2 weeks ago] got Covid a 2nd time... this time it is infecting his lungs.

We've not heard a word about him for 2 weeks... nada...

Wonder what's going on? He's one of those people who [[according to this UK doctor) should have had natural infection, and shouldn't have gotten it again.

^ Yes. A variety of people yet falling ill. I wasn't aware of Beck's condition.

Indeed, the operative word is 'shouldn't' have [inclusive of the CDC's reporting as such] but there's no guarantees [apparently not even applicable to vaccines as to their full-out prevention from contracting the virus].

Thankfully most are less sick it seems [again no absolutes] with Omicron.

You have to make the best choices, a cocktail of choices as it were, combined.

That's why precisely, along with my research and evolving thoughts, I 'chose' to be vaccinated, and exercise. I take vitamins and nutrients including lots of zinc etc., wear NK95 masks when out with others, avoiding large crowds, etc.
    That's what is going on in my household - trying to stay well.

It is my sincere hope that we ALL continue in good health to be able to share information and our experiences here on this site.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-28-22 at 11:23 AM.

Scientist explains how they're creating a universal Covid vaccine
    CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta speaks to scientists at the Duke Human Vaccine Institute who are working to create a universal vaccine against all variants of the coronavirus.
    Consider the fact that the virus has no such army of scientists acting on its behalf. We have that advantage.

We can do this.

DMED is the military system that compiles hospital codes from service members in order to judge the overall heath of the military.

Interesting discovery’s post shot.

Three military doctors have presented queried data to Renz that shows a shocking and sudden spike in nearly every ICD code for common vaccine injuries in 2021.

Aside from the spike in miscarriage diagnoses [[ICD code O03 for spontaneous abortions), there was an almost 300% increase in cancer diagnoses [[from a five-year average of 38,700 per year to 114,645 in the first 11 months of 2021). There was also a 1,000% increase in diagnosis codes for neurological issues, which increased from a baseline average of 82,000 to 863,000!

Some other numbers he did not mention at the hearing but gave to me in the interview are the following:

• myocardial infarction –269% increase
    • Bell’s palsy – 291% increase
    • congenital malformations [[for children of military personnel) – 156% increase
    • female infertility – 471% increase
    • pulmonary embolisms – 467% increasehttps://truthpress.news/news/whistle...ate-wide-open/

No wonder the pharmaceutical companies are fighting so hard to keep a 50 year lock on FOI requests for the vaccine study results.
    Last edited by Richard; January-27-22 at 09:47 PM.

Many liberals dream of having a health care system like those of Scandinavian countries. I respect Scandinavian health care systems for telling the truth. They don't have such a profit motive after all. Also, those countries have long life expectancies; higher than ours. I came across two articles both saying the same thing in conflict with what our government is telling us. Either Scandinavian healthcare systems are wrong or Pfizer is wrong.

Sweden decides against recommending covid vaccines for kids aged 5-11 arguing that the benefits did not outweigh the risks.""With the knowledge we have today, with a low risk for serious disease for kids, we don't see any clear benefit with vaccinating them," Health Agency official Britta Bjorkholm told a news conference."

Norwegian Government refuses to recommend covid vaccines for children
    "The Norwegian government is taking advice from their Institute of Public Health, who has stated that it has not recommended that all children aged fifteen and under be vaccinated. They are taking this approach because “there is little individual benefit for most children,” according to Minister of Health and Care Services Ingvild Kjerkol." "Norway is also not recommending a second dose of a COVID vaccine for 12-15 year old children who have already had one dose due to the elevated risk of myocarditis. This also correlates with science. For example, in November 2021 Taiwan joinedIceland, Sweden, Finland and Denmark in halting 2nd doses of a COVID vaccine for children under the age of 17 due to myocarditis concerns. In Iceland, Sweden, Finland and Denmark they stopped for anyone under the age of 30."

Last edited by oladub; January-29-22 at 12:30 AM.

Norway has an adult vax rate of over 90%. Sweden is almost 75%. The need to vaccinate children has always been a toss-up. When adults follow the science and understand the need to comply for everyone's benefit, better and more accurate decisions can be made toward target groups. The U.S. decision was made not necessarily because of the risk to children, but their ability to still infect others. Probably more important when dealing with urban areas where less than 50% are willing to take the shot **cough**.

The reason given was that .“there is little individual benefit for most children,”. Norway also stopped requiring a second dose for 12-15 year olds due to the elevated risk of myocarditis In Iceland, Sweden, Finland and Denmark they stopped [[second vaccinations?) for anyone under the age of 30."" " 18-29 year olds are adults and they cut back vaccines given to those adults. Not totally related but Sweden does not put fluoride in their drinking water because Sweden says there is no medical need to do so. Norway does not prescribe as many antibiotics because Norway would rather people endure a bit more sickness than reduce the potency of antibiotics. Elsewhere in the article it said that vaccination were still recommended for children in families where parents were exposed to Covid because of their occupations.

Google, by the way, says that the US 'fully vaccinated' rate is 63.9% and Norway's is 74.1% That isn't a great difference. I realize that definitions of fully vaccinated vary.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Norway does not prescribe as many antibiotics because Norway would rather people endure a bit more sickness than reduce the potency of antibiotics.
    Lawyers have nothing on doctors for being greedy and lazy. My friend is a doctor in a large walk-in clinic and it's bothered him for years that so many doctors will just give an antibiotic prescription for a cold or sore throat in order to shut the patient up, make sure they'll come back and to move on to the next one. It's almost always a virus and not bacterial, so of course the antibiotic does no good. If things don't change there will be a pandemic which is much worse than coronavirus because it will be a bacteria that's completely resistant to antibiotics. I've been shocked at how many doctors are still selling huge amounts of prescriptions as well. Fortunately I think law enforcement is finally taking that much more seriously.
    Last edited by 401don; January-29-22 at 11:45 AM.

But yet in some countries,like Columbia,you can buy antibiotics right off of the shelf but need a prescription for pain relief like Tylenol or aleive,interesting how each country has a definition of what works and what does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    But yet in some countries,like Columbia,you can buy antibiotics right off of the shelf but need a prescription for pain relief like Tylenol or aleive,interesting how each country has a definition of what works and what does not.
    Even something as simple as substitute sugar... Cyclamates... banned in the USA for over 40 years... but still in food items in most of the rest of the world, because scientists in other countries think the USA test that said Cyclamates caused cancer in lab rats, was a flawed test.
    Last edited by Gistok; January-29-22 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post

Google, by the way, says that the US 'fully vaccinated' rate is 63.9%
    They keep adding in new groups that don't need vaccination [like children) to lower that number. We were well past 75% last year.

New data is showing that the vaccinated face a new plague. Their death numbers from all causes are WAY up. People in the prime of their life and totally healthy are dying at a 140% rate of normal.

That may be the long term fallout of this, death by experimental gene therapy. Insurance companies are starting to freak out. In a few years, being vax'd may be a new thing that prevents people from being able to obtain life insurance.
    Last edited by Rocket; January-30-22 at 08:12 AM.

Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast