Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    They become the whiniest of babies.
    Snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If you are wearing your mask,why are you worried or judging the person not wearing theirs,you did not care about them 5 seconds before they sat down next to you in the theater,so why all the fake concerns about others?

Unless of course one is unsure of the effectiveness of the mask in the first place,it would be understandable.
    In your logic, apparently the reason why people who don't wear masks on public airlines, and are kicked off airplanes... escapes you?

If you are wearing your mask,why are you worried or judging the person not wearing theirs,you did not care about them 5 seconds before they sat down next to you in the theater,so why all the fake concerns about others?
    Because, and I thought everyone knew this by now, the primary purpose of the mask is to prevent the person wearing it, from spreading the virus to others. It's the same reason the surgeon wears a mask in the operating room and not the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    In your logic, apparently the reason why people who don't wear masks on public airlines, and are kicked off airplanes... escapes you?
    A airplane is probably the most sterile air quality environment 90% of the public will enter.

Why do airlines require standing 6’ apart in line but yet everybody sits inches apart once boarded?

Escapes you?

Airlines are federally mandated to force masks,but you can remove them to eat or drink,you can spend an entire flight drinking a cup of water,so how does that help.

It was mandated that everybody get in the train and head to the showers also,a lot did just as a lot did not.

Plenty of private and charter jets around,who flys commercial airlines anyways?

You get your own stewardess who brings you a nice meal verses throwing a stale bag of peanuts at you with a watered down whiskey,you do not have to worry about the maskless undesirables contaminating your space.

Remember when we had the discussion about Live Nation requiring proof of shot and mask wearing at events,in order to save lives.

Did you see the video out of Texas at the rap concert,nobody was wearing masks and so far 10 people are dead because of the stampede,that was a Live Nation sponsored event,as we saw they were more concerned about pandering then actually saving lives.

Goes to show no matter what you do to protect yourself,you are not in control,ultimately somebody else way up the food chain is.

When you were on house arrest while the ones that put you there exempted themselves,how many lives do you think you personally saved?
    Last edited by Richard; November-24-21 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Because, and I thought everyone knew this by now, the primary purpose of the mask is to prevent the person wearing it, from spreading the virus to others. It's the same reason the surgeon wears a mask in the operating room and not the patient.
    It was my understanding that if you have the virus,you are supposed to be quarantined and not scurrying about.

I am sure all of the people that had to go through quarantine will be delighted to know all they simply had to do was put on a mask and go about their business in public.

The wind can carry the virus for miles now according to the experts,it lands on surfaces where you can catch it,no requirements for wearing rubber gloves in the theater?

You know,in the interest of saving lives.

Thank you for clearing up the concept of,if you are not positive then no mask required.

It was my understanding that if you have the virus,you are supposed to be quarantined and not scurrying about.

I am sure all of the people that had to go through quarantine will be delighted to know all they simply had to do was put on a mask and go about their business in public.

The wind can carry the virus for miles now according to the experts,it lands on surfaces where you can catch it,no requirements for wearing rubber gloves in the theater?

You know,in the interest of saving lives.

Thank you for clearing up the concept of,if you are not positive then no mask required.
    I know you are just screwing around but for those who don't know any better.
    1) Most people carrying and spreading the virus are asymptomatic, i.e. they don't know they have it
    2) Masks greatly reduce but do not totally eliminate spread of the virus

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I know you are just screwing around but for those who don't know any better.
    1) Most people carrying and spreading the virus are asymptomatic, i.e. they don't know they have it
    2) Masks greatly reduce but do not totally eliminate spread of the virus
    LoL the one thing I will agree on is the mask is the only thing out of all of this that they actually have a defined parameter of level of protection,everything else is best guess.

World leaders are admitting now that the reason masks and PPE were not recommended from the start,was because they knew they could not supply the demand that they would have imposed on everybody.

So what spreads worse then the virus? It was our experts at the top saying masks do little to prevent the spread.

The only reason they said that was because of the lack of supply would leave the hospitals with shortages.

They we’re not telling us that for our health and safety or even being honest with us.

They could have just said,hey look we need you to stay home while production catches up and then we can mask up and move about.

House arrest did not prevent the spread,it was still spreading out of control.

This is what spread mistrust and all of the turmoil that went with it with everybody yelling at the government and creating a political scene instead of just being honest.

Did you 40% of the deaths in the UK from corona virus was from people that went to the hospital for other reasons and then caught the virus while in the hospital and died.

2 years in and we are still best guessing and taking shots in the dark hoping for good results.

Not for nothing,but I trust a somewhat effective mask a heck of a lot more then the shot.

1/2 of the politicians that are coming up with the mandates only follow them when cameras are in front of them.

The guy that engineered the whole lockdown protocol and set the standard for the world,did not even believe in his own recommendations as he was busted 3 weeks later breaking lockdown so he could go see his girlfriend.

I still stand by what I have said from the beginning,you have to do what you feel is right for you,if you think the mask is right,wear the mask,if you think the shot is right,get the shot.

But all of these mandates and forcing on others or using the propaganda tool of community ostracization,against those who do not fall into line are flat out of 1937 and all over something they still know little about.

This little sidestep started with somebody saying that they were not going to sit in a theater to watch a movie wearing a mask.

They did not say masks are useless or it is pointless requiring them at a theater,they just stated it was not their thing.

Right away on cue the comments are,people are snowflakes,people are inconvenienced bla bla bla.

It’s that programmed automatic reaction that kicks in.

Been to a theater? As soon as the movie starts and the lights go down,a majority take off their masks anyways,there is no self appointed mask police running around trying to gain life points by turning in somebody or their neighbors under the guise of being a good citizen.

Almost as stupid as requiring a shot or mask to eat at a restaurant,required to enter but after you enter you can take it off,knowing full well if somebody is infected they can spread it,shot or not.

It’s people though,they like that ability to have a little power over others and the thrill of being able to place demands on them,that is why HOAs thrive,there are no shortage of little mini hitlers or dictator wannabes running around.
    Last edited by Richard; November-24-21 at 08:29 PM.

Can we not turn this thread into a mask argument? Go rant about this on Facebook where this kind of stupid argument belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Can we not turn this thread into a mask argument? Go rant about this on Facebook where this kind of stupid argument belongs.
    While I totally agree with you, it’s always wild to see the mental gymnastics and “facts” the other side comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by KnnNike View Post
    Then please stay home. I cannot fathom the inability of someone to wear a face mask continually for a couple of hours, especially given the recent rise in COVID cases. The slightest little bit of inconvenience these days, and people turn into quivering masses of jelly...
    How about we meet in the middle. Since I’m not scared of a virus with a 99.9% survival rate I am going to go live my life and cowards like you can stay in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    How about we meet in the middle. Since I’m not scared of a virus with a 99.9% survival rate I am going to go live my life and cowards like you can stay in your home.
    Wow man, you're like, so tough.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Wow man, you're like, so tough.
    Enjoy being scared of a bad cold…

Face it folks. COVID-19 is here to stay. It like dealing with a common cold and a flu. Enjoy your life the best you can. Don't want to get vaxxed, fine get sick and possible die.

Now back the comment about Big Sean's Emagine Theatre at Cass Corridor near WSU Campus that might FAIL soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2