Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    There’s plenty of four story buildings within blocks too. Not a big deal. Density is generally a good thing.
    There is a 4-5 story building basically right across the street from the new one!

Multifamily is the way to go. I would have rather seen development like this in the North End, close to where I live, rather than the strange looking single family homes they chose for infill.

Streetscaping is an ABSOLUTLY essential piece of brining a neighborhood back to life. I clicked back to what this intersection looked like before the bike lanes and street trees were planted... Not somewhere anyone would want to be...

There's a good use of stimulus money, give people something to be proud of and watch the change in attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    There is a 4-5 story building basically right across the street from the new one!

Multifamily is the way to go. I would have rather seen development like this in the North End, close to where I live, rather than the strange looking single family homes they chose for infill.

Unfortunately the North End is full of NIMBYs, they fight tooth and nail to stop 4-5 story development. There are multiple proposals with financing right now that they're trying to kill. It's really ridiculous.