Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Goodbye Kmart!

Hybrid View

Check an issue of Life Magazine from 1950 and you’d be amazed to see how many companies that were big advertisers are no longer in business.

[QUOTE=Pat001;616613]Check an issue of Life Magazine from 1950 and you’d be amazed to see how many companies that were big advertisers are no longer in business.[/QUOTE

I have two LIFE magazines one week apart in 1971 and the same holds true. Some ads give prices, too. It is amazing what a dollar used to be worth.

What was a dollar worth then?

Name:  Candy-4.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  128.6 KB

"You have a pension?!?"
    KMart Pensions are vested and managed by a separate company.

FWIW, some of those gals that worked at the K for decades were making decent money [[add pension and benefits) before K started downsizing [[perhaps the overhead another reason for their downfall).
    pay raises were based on seniority.

This has to be pre 1970 because Hot Fudge Sundaes were at least .75$ when I was in high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    What was a dollar worth then?

Name:  Candy-4.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  128.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    This has to be pre 1970 because Hot Fudge Sundaes were at least .75$ when I was in high school.