Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

There are lots of nice houses in Palmer Woods. Lesson learned: Rich people used to build nice houses.

Back in the 1980s, I dated a woman who lived there. Her family owned a tool and die business. She told me horror stories about the high incidence of burglaries to her and her neighbors homes. Unless things have changed in that regard, I wouldn't want to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    There are lots of nice houses in Palmer Woods. Lesson learned: Rich people used to build nice houses.

Back in the 1980s, I dated a woman who lived there. Her family owned a tool and die business. She told me horror stories about the high incidence of burglaries to her and her neighbors homes. Unless things have changed in that regard, I wouldn't want to live there.
    Way to rain on such a nice parade..... I highly doubt crime is running rampant in THAT area of Detroit. They have also have the security of undercover police who patrol the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

Yes, I knew people who had beautiful homes there in the early 1980s and experienced a rash of horrible crimes then. .One had a butler who was stabbed by a stranger when he answered the door. They, and many of the then owners just sold and left, they could afford to...Thankfully, today, there is relatively far fewer crimes happening .The area, with security , have gotten control. A friend I know who lives there said they feel quite safe...it is a beautiful neighborhood. Prices have gone up materially there , [[ like most places) in the last five years.

Fortunately, much has changed since the 80s.