Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Moaf's recollection matches up with mine. A drink minimum [[usually two) was also common. The bars did not track the drinks. You were served the minimum number and charged for them on your first order. I did not mind paying the cover, but the drink minimum bothered me.

Some bars waived or reduced the cover and/or the drink minimum on slower nights like Tuesday - Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by 13606Cedargrove View Post
    Some bars waived or reduced the cover and/or the drink minimum on slower nights like Tuesday - Thursday.
    Like Oliver's [[Harper and Three Mile Drive) in the mid-1970s... Wednesdays were Nickel Night! $2 cover with drinks just 5 cents from 8 to 9, then 10 cents from 9 to 10, then 25 cents from 10 to 11, and 50 cents from 11 until 2am close. We arrived early, ordered our drinks [[Black Russians for me!) two at a time! Danced to our favorite bands for a few hours.

Shorecrest had Thursday Ladies Nights with drinks 50 cents all evening for the ladies! More dancing and drinking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Like Oliver's [[Harper and Three Mile Drive) in the mid-1970s... Wednesdays were Nickel Night! $2 cover with drinks just 5 cents from 8 to 9, then 10 cents from 9 to 10, then 25 cents from 10 to 11, and 50 cents from 11 until 2am close. We arrived early, ordered our drinks [[Black Russians for me!) two at a time! Danced to our favorite bands for a few hours.

Shorecrest had Thursday Ladies Nights with drinks 50 cents all evening for the ladies! More dancing and drinking!!
    Oh boy, black russian's were a favorite of mine too. Felt terrible the next morning, [[sometimes having to go to work) after having a few the night before.