Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    I grew up on Three Mile Drive between Warren and Mack. Each visit back to see the old homestead is heartbreaking...with houses that I remember so well sitting abandoned or no longer there. But I am heartened to see the empty lots being replaced with parks and community gardens. And I dream of some of those empty lots being replaced with new housing someday!
    I grew up between Munich and Waveney. The house my grandfather built that I lived in was the first on the block in 1929 and still stands. Those were really nice brick houses that would be expensive to replicate today. Mostly German descent families there then. Lots of elm trees forming green tunnels then.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I grew up between Munich and Waveney. The house my grandfather built that I lived in was the first on the block in 1929 and still stands. Those were really nice brick houses that would be expensive to replicate today. Mostly German descent families there then. Lots of elm trees forming green tunnels then.
    Oladub: I lived between Waveney and Bremen from 1961 to 1978.
    East side of the street. Our house was a sturdy 3-story brick house with a full basement and an open attic space. Lots of room for 5 kids! We had many families with kids on our block. I also knew several families who lived on your block, including the Tonello, Connelly, Dingwall, Guillaumin, Dougherty, and Pollard families.