Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Hah! How's about that! It's all becoming a linguistic and cognitive tower of Babel. And hypocrisy!

Don't forget president Trump publicly supports the COVID vaccine[[s)........
    Linguistic and cognitive tower [[sic) of Babel? Even as an attempt at metaphor, that makes no sense.

This may blow a tin foil hat off one's head, but you can get just as much information about a person from a driver's license number than you can from a hypothetical chip [[yes, including medical information).

Hah! I was having some fun there [[though not in the part were I state that Trump to is a pro-vaccer).

Jokes aside, The Tower of Babel reference while based in languages not understood between groups, is also used symbolically re. the confusion and lack of understanding in general, especially where people will say/ believe one thing applicable to one action/ option and deny it elsewhere! Or change the meaning of the words to fit a narrative [[dictionary words are being changed every year).

Such as the 'my body my choice' etc.

Though I'll grant TOB is an older Biblical reference, not so used or understood today.

The Babel [[or babbling - smile) factor also speaks to fewer being able to effectively convey meanings from words and concepts stated and applied at a level beyond diverse languages at this point.

And well sure, here's hoping licenses and government ID will suffice!

If not a tin hat may be the least of our problems. LOL! History is the greatest teacher not REYNOLDS wrap.

[[from wiki: Tower of Babel.The story of the Tower of Babel explains the origins of the multiplicity of languages. God was concerned that humans had blasphemed by building the tower to avoid a second flood so God brought into existence multiple languages.Thus, humans were divided into linguistic groups, unable to understand one another.)
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-17-20 at 05:57 AM.

There is a new mutation of COVID-19 coming. That's what happen if mankind downplays the virus. Mutation is the viruses powerful weapon. They will adapt!

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...n-and-covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    There is a new mutation of COVID-19 coming. That's what happen if mankind downplays the virus. Mutation is the viruses powerful weapon. They will adapt!

Did you read the article? If so, what concerns you?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Britain tightens locksdowns...........https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...24061834%3Fmkt

Good news from the VA. Veterans should contact the VA to let them know if they are interested in getting the vaccine.

Name:  covid [[2).jpg
Views: 730
Size:  124.4 KB

A bad week in Michigan... in 1920.
    Name:  1918-12-22 Michigan Flu.png
Views: 649
Size:  127.8 KB

Not such a good week in MI 2020 either.

https://amp.freep.com/amp/399455400

^ That link's not working HT.....

Delta Airlines and others are starting to demand COVID-19 Testing results prior to boarding... I have a friend soon to travel [[not to NY) and they got a short notice that Delta 'may' ask for proof of testing [[not specifying what states or flights).

Goodness that 1800 Delta line is really going to be ringing off the hook [[it's a 45 minute hold now as it stands):

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/gov...ngers-entering

Airports That Offer COVID-19 Testing On-site for Travelers

https://www.travelandleisure.com/air...-testing-sites

Delta Air Lines requiring COVID testing for NY-bound UK travelers

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN28V2NL
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-23-20 at 07:05 AM.

^^

At some point, maybe a year from now... all folks will probably need to prove that they've been vaccinated before boarding a flight. This might be a requirement besides a passport at custom entry points to the USA. Once you get a vaccine, you may want to ask for documented proof from the point of vaccination... because I can see this being important to have such proof in the future.

People refusing a vaccine may have that come back to haunt them in the future. Of course, folks with severe allergies may get a dispensation, but it will still require some sort of proof.

Prior to 1972, people entering the USA and many other countries, were required to get a Smallpox vaccination, or show proof that they had one. I remember as a child, requiring one before traveling to Germany and back in 1968. Ditto is likely for Covid-19.
    Last edited by Gistok; December-23-20 at 08:17 PM.

This is disturbing.

Transcribed from WWJ, aired at 9AM this morning:

"We're ready for more doses. We need more doses. We're asking for more doses." San Francisco's Mayor London Breed, like many appealing for Covid vaccines as word came the federal government may not have any more.

Alison Grande reports from Seattle: "We understood that there was a strategic reserve and that it would be released very soon."

Washington State House officials were surprised and disappointed to find out the vaccine reserve the Trump administration said they'd be shipping out to states doesn't exist. Earlier this week the feds blamed states for taking too long....:
    "We have too much vaccine sitting in freezers at hospitals."

Sending out the reserve of second doses was supposed to speed things up. Now, it isn't coming.

Dr. John Swartzberg of U. C. Berkeley School of Medicine: "Right now we have a little more vaccine but the problem is primarily logistics. But very soon we're going to resolve the logistics issue or get it much better and then not have enough vaccine."
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-16-21 at 10:11 AM.

There is supposed to be a rigorous tracking system for these doses. If that system reveals that the reserve was diverted illegally, there will be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    There is supposed to be a rigorous tracking system for these doses. If that system reveals that the reserve was diverted illegally, there will be hell to pay.
    Ha, silly rabbit people like this don’t face consequences.

There is a temporary production problem at the Phizer plant in Belgium. Canada is only getting half its scheduled does next month and it will affect other countries as well.

Here's a tip for future applicants using the https://macombgov.org/covidvaccine website to make an appointment for a vaccine. [[Currently it says "We have exhausted our current supply of vaccines and are unable to make new appointments.")

If you make it through the "Personal Info" phase of the process but can't get to the "Appointment Verification" or "Confirmation" phases, go back to the website and click the "Check or Cancel Existing Appointment" button to see if your appointment was made anyway [[and get your Confirmation Number).

It's understandable that some people who don't get a confirmation will assume they don't have an appointment, but that's not necessarily the case. It would be a waste if those appointments were missed.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-19-21 at 01:35 PM.

Not surprised. Seems about right to me - and expedient [[and no, I'm not an anti-vaccer -- I'm old enough to have personally known people suffering from Polio for example).

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

Don't matter. We're all gonna die. Heard it on CNN.

Gee, I though all this Covid stuff was supposed to be gone on November 4th? What happened???

Default How did your Vaccine Go?

I started a thread in the Chit Chat Room to exchange stories of your Vaccine experiences. Please share them there.>> https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...ine-Experience

Why It Actually Took 50 Years to Make COVID mRNA Vaccines

The FDA recently approved two mRNA vaccines for COVID-19, but it was a challenge to make this type of vaccine work. And it took decades of research to get us to the point where scientists could make those vaccines as quickly as they did.
    We aren't beating just Covid19. Our new Covid19 vaccine technology will greatly improve our response to future pandemics.

Yea Homo sapiens!

I thought Mich's death numbers were really bad, which they are, but then I just read Arizona - 14,000 with a pop. of 7 million, almost twice the national average. It's not like the weather is a factor. In Nov & Dec. it's about 70 degrees, so they can be inside without a/c or outside.
    Last edited by 401don; February-07-21 at 02:00 PM.

Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast