Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Luckily I got all day
    Good. I'm enjoying your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Jacob Blake, shot by a cop 7 times....excessive yes. But a) Blake had outstanding warrants he's probably going to be arrested for the warrants; b) he resisted arrest; c) he ran to his car with his kids in it and reached inside. How's a cop supposed to know what he's reaching for?
    You clearly are insensitive to the situation and lack knowledge of proper police protocol. It is against the law to shoot anyone in the back, weapon or not because they are fleeing you and not attacking you. But it seems you are more concerned about small looting in a small town over the value of human life. I guess it all makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehv313 View Post
    You clearly are insensitive to the situation and lack knowledge of proper police protocol. It is against the law to shoot anyone in the back, weapon or not because they are fleeing you and not attacking you. But it seems you are more concerned about small looting in a small town over the value of human life. I guess it all makes sense now.
    If someone is reaching for a weapon or threatening someone some how they are subject to being shot from any angle!

I don’t know where to put this, I guess this is a good spot. On CNN they have a reporter standing in front of a burning business. In the background, this reporter is having some kind of conversation with himself about the protest going on. The crawl on the bottom of the screen says” peaceful but fiery protest” Is this a joke? For heaven’s sake isn’t burning down some guys business against the law?

I’m sure the owner has no insurance coverage for riot and insurrection.

I have NEVER been accused of being in love with the police, I’ve had my share of issues with the police.

When Trump says CNN is fake news, after seeing this shit, I think he’s right.

^ It's all twisted at this point and w/o going hard political had all of this ended within the first two weeks of George Floyd's murder things may have not gotten out of hand. The same folks who at one point had the BLM signs in their yards/ windows are now wondering how how much more is required - what further proof tests, allegiance and obedience is further required? Not re. the CONCEPT of BLM, but the narrative of those engaged in the extreme violence and the flotsam with their own 'Bring IT ALL Down' agenda?

Especially with the irony of black businesses and properties going up in flames and mostly whites engaged in the violence. And mayors of these cities only getting upset when they are at their personal doors!! All of this justified at the behest of voting down Trump in an election year. A foreign intruder could hardly do more - as all of this destruction is deemed ok due to politics!

But as I've said Detroits demographic and culture is less likely to go this route full out. But we have our own zealots as found among the BAMN crowd.

Most Detroiters DO NOT believe in disbanding our police departments.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-30-20 at 11:54 AM.

I wonder if Chief Craig or anyone in the law enforcement side has considered sitting down the the protest leaders, or even addressing the protesters, and asking this.

How about giving the City of Detroit a break and moving your protests to, say, Royal Oak or Livonia or just somewhere else? You must understand that we're really cash-strapped in Detroit and our city is largely impoverished. Our officers are needed to confront some serious crime issues not faced elsewhere in the metro. We get your point, we agree with your issues, and we have likely taken more steps to correct things on our side than elsewhere. So come on now. Give us a break.

Ahhh, the old 'Hit 8 Mile Road' schtick.

They came to Livonia early on. That didn’t work out to well for them.

Is there any truth to this?

"
    Detroit Police

Black protesters in Detroit claim in a federal lawsuit that police in the city brutalize Black demonstrators with teargas, chokeholds and other tactics but don’t even attempt to break up protests led by white supremacists.
    "

https://www.courthousenews.com/detroit-police/

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Is there any truth to this?

"
    Detroit Police

Black protesters in Detroit claim in a federal lawsuit that police in the city brutalize Black demonstrators with teargas, chokeholds and other tactics but don’t even attempt to break up protests led by white supremacists.
    "

https://www.courthousenews.com/detroit-police/
    They are not protesting when thy bring weapons and shields. They get what they ask for and then cry foul. I call BS!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    They are not protesting when thy bring weapons and shields. They get what they ask for and then cry foul. I call BS!
    So what's it called when people march on Lansing with guns? Did they get tear gassed and beat for "bringing weapons"?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    So what's it called when people march on Lansing with guns? Did they get tear gassed and beat for "bringing weapons"?
    Did they aggressively advance and threaten anyone? Were they obeying the law while exercising the second amendment? Like it or not that was truly a peaceful protest! By the way all of the patriot protesters have been peaceful but now that is beginning to change and blm and antifa will be sorry they woke the sleeping giant!

Did they aggressively advance and threaten anyone? Were they obeying the law while exercising the second amendment? Like it or not that was truly a peaceful protest! By the way all of the patriot protesters have been peaceful but now that is beginning to change and blm and antifa will be sorry they woke the sleeping giant!
    I thought you said that bringing weapons and shields means they aren't protesting? So it doesn't matter if you bring weapons as long as you aren't aggressive or threaten anyone? I'm not sure you can draw that distinction between the protest in Lansing and the BLM in Detroit. The Lansing ones seemed pretty threatening and they were blocking the roads and not following the lawful orders to keep distance and wear masks when possible.

Were you there? There was no aggression and that story about blocking access to the hospital was total bs. There weapons were legal and openly displayed not like the sneaky Detroit can’t breathe or what ever they call their gang of thugs!

Were you there? There was no aggression and that story about blocking access to the hospital was total bs. There weapons were legal and openly displayed not like the sneaky Detroit can’t breathe or what ever they call their gang of thugs!
    I saw one group that was carrying weapons and one group that was not. I assume you haven't been to a BLM protest so where are you seeing that they are sneaking weapons?

I didn't ask about Lansing. I asked if the claims in the case were true.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I didn't ask about Lansing. I asked if the claims in the case were true.
    I mean things did happen, whether or not its an abuse of power and brutality would be a question for the jury. But there are pictures of people being pepper sprayed and tackled, so yes, those things did happen.

It's also true there has been KKK/Nazi-esque rallies that have not ended in police arresting people and teargassing them. But whether or not there was so sort of selective bias against BLM would be something that would be a legal and factual question.

Sooooooo ...... maybe.

OK then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2