Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ab5602 View Post
    What is clear to me is that many people lack a sense of "right and wrong" when it comes to living near or with other people. Right and wrong is subjective and is interpreted differently by different people. Having lived in the city for over a decade, I see it all the time. If this is not clear, please see:

http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/theft....2.1126908.html

This cocktail of behavior is active in Detroit and in any big city with large numbers of people. I completely believe the guy in this news article. He thinks that he didn't know he was doing anything wrong. This is sad, but true. He is ignorant? yes. Actually a criminal? yes. In his own mind a criminal? no.

How do you correct that?
    Buy the lawmakers, just like Wall Street and so many others have done.

I recall reading a Buddhist text that mentions that the thief is wrong as is the one who tempted him.

A couple of years ago the Dalai Lama asked why some nations feel they have a right to nuclear weapons while denying that same right to others.
    Last edited by lilpup; August-23-09 at 07:15 PM.