I'm only saying that I'm not surprised he was released early, especially if it's based on people dying of Covid in the prison he was/is in. A number of white collar criminals are already released, ie Michael Cohen, Paul Manafort. Kwame was only a matter of time. Let me say here, that I don't approve of what he did and in another time in history, I would be livid that he's getting out but these are not normal times
Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
His sentence might have been a little stiff, but only a very little. IMO the biggest crime he committed, which is not a crime on the books, is destruction of faith in government. What he and his evil sister Bobby Ferguson did was so corrosive. One of the member of this forum who were in on the Vinton Building rehab in the early oughts attempt told me they helped sink that. Such behavior encourages things like tax evasion, scoff-lawing and "if they're getting away with it why shouldn't I" attitudes.

Worst yet they were stealing from an impoverished citizenry. Theft is theft in the eyes of the law but, again, there is not further law for stealing from the poor.

His guilt was well established and he had an opportunity enter a plea and admit his guilt. Instead he chose to run a circus trial and has yet, as far as I seen, to express any remorse for his crimes.