Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    "We need More Money. $15,000 is not enough to make the repairs to our homes that are needed to make them safe. We want our foundations repaired, new roofs and windows, central air and furnaces, all certified for air quality. There are a few who would consider relocation, if provided enough money to do so successfully, but the great majority of us want to stay."

Good luck with getting all that with the Fiat Chrysler expansion...
    I wonder if the land bank has any $500 derelict homes there,could be an opportunity to make some quick cash if it goes through.

Somebody will grab 5 or 6,get the cash and walk.

Interesting about the paint plant putting toxins out,I had a paint booth with water scrubber filters,nothing but clean air got out.

I had a historic house in downtown Orlando that was 3 houses away from a school,they did an addition that involved pile driving and it did crack the plaster and crack some of the supporting 80 year old support tiers.

The school board sent the contractors in and did the repairs,the only thing we had to do was sign off on the repairs as acceptable,I wish they would have cut me a check,I probably could have done it at half the price.

So it is a common practice of what they are asking,but they have to prove what caused the damage,that is the snag.
    Last edited by Richard; February-23-20 at 09:30 PM.