Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by AmberM View Post
    I suppose we're all stupid for thinking corporate welfare in Detroit is in any way altruistic and not just naked self-enrichment and greed at our expense. I think we're all stupid for thinking the flashy MLS stadium district was anything more than a bait and switch scam. See also District Detroit. And I think we're all stupid for thinking the Hudson's skyscraper will ever be built. Over 80 stories! Haha, good one!
    Maybe as a newbie, you should read more of the earlier posts on some of these threads... only 1 poster actually believed the Ilitches were going to build District Detroit. He no longer posts here beause he had foot in mouth disease.

Many years ago on this forum a poster by the name of Brian swore that the Book Cadillac and Fort Shelby would never get restored... and he's never been heard from again on this forum.

So before you start down that path... just remember that there are 100 properties that Dan Gilbert has purchased downtown... and a .970 batting average is a dream for any ball player.

So Campus Martius has an extra 300K in office space going up, any you find that boring... we don't care.

At the same time that the Hudson's block is going slow, the Stott Tower has risen from an empty hulk, the Free Press Building is undergoing a transformation, and the Book Tower and Building are undergoing a $310 million restoration which already shows how wonderfully the exterior once looked. And yes... with the help of another philanthropic billionaire the fail jail site is going to move to the head of the "new development" line and undergo phase 1 of perhaps a decade expansion of the jail district, while Gilbert is paying for a new Justice Complex over on E. Warren and I-75.

You have been on this forum for what... a few weeks now? Just simmer down and wait... some things take years. "We may not be the Windy City... and we're not Sin City... and we're certainly nobody's Emerald City." So just chill out and give it some time...
    Last edited by Gistok; February-15-20 at 02:31 PM.