Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
Sorry to see it closed, the Chef mentioned the effect of no auto show hurting them for January business. We were just discussing this on the weekend as we were walking around downtown yesterday, and how quiet downtown is now with no auto show and media week, restaurants and hotels must be hurting.. always questioning the move to June...in June people have lots of other things to do and vacations, outdoor activity..wont be so concerned about a car show no matter how spread out it is... In January it was something many looked forward to , to occupy the month and many people drove to Detroit to stay.. a good winter event..we shall see.., not so sure how wise this was.
Anytime businesses close, you often hear the blame placed on sometimes else. I cant count how many times I have read about a business closing and the owner blames it on a nearby road construction project, a sports bar closing because the local team had a bad year, etc. Now it is no January auto show. Dont get me wrong, I am sure those issues didnt help the situation, but it is easier to blame something else than admitting the business concept didn’t work financially.