Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
Also Roxbury Group with the formerly West Elm hotel and Lee Plaza. They were also the ones who did Hammer and Nail and the Whitney Building so maybe they dont count...

Lafayette West, which seems to be in limbo right now though. I also saw a new render of Brush+Watson on the architect's Instagram and it shows they've added a small high rise to the project.
Hey, nice find on the brush + Watson project. Looks good! Visited the architect’s instagram and saw the new renderings.

Other successful cities like Austin, Seattle, Atlanta and so on don’t need a savior like Bedrock to resurrect them from the dead. Detroit still needs more players. While it’s true bedrock isn’t the only developer in town...without them?? Detroit’s development would be seriously stunted. You wouldn’t be seeing many if not ANY new high rises. And obviously skyscrapers aren’t the only form of development but nevertheless, they are a good sign that a city is doing well economically. Hopefully Detroit can get some new hotels built. And I’m not talking boutique. Lol. The Hudson’s is definitely a landmark project and let’s hope they land a big chain so this project can be the catalyst for more to come. I think the Monroe project will eventually happen. But with the recession around the corner I have my doubts if or when it’ll happen. It’d be sad to see it scrapped as that is greatly needed in downtown Detroit.