Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Hey what do you think is going to happen if Trudo does not win the election?

It is apparent that because of the current Dem impeach saga USMCA trade agreement will not be addressed until after Christmas,well after the Canadian election.

If whoever takes power in Canada decides they do not like the current trade deal on the table, they can nix it and start all over.

Is that being addressed in the election process there? It could very well turn into trade war 2.0.
I'll start with Trudeau and with the very big caveat that there are still 3.5 weeks to go in the campaign and a debate; he is either winning or in a tie w/the Conservatives based on polling at this point.

It appears [[for now) that we are headed towards a Liberal minority government, one that would likely require the support of the NDP to govern. But who knows, that may change.
]

In terms of the USMCA, No party is really running against it in Canada.

The Conservatives have said they would got a better deal; but have not suggested they would seek to reopen negotiations.

Again, I'll say anything is possible, but it seems unlikely to me that any party would do anything other than ratify; unless Congress directed a reopening, in which case everything would be back on the table.

Generally, I think the only thing that was clearly unpopular here was allowing US milk into Canada; and that's all about BGH [[Growth Hormones allowed in US dairy cattle). My understanding is that that is shrinking in terms of portion of the market that is like that; so I'm not sure its a big issue; but it does rub some folks the wrong way who see US milk as adulterated.