Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
I'd just like someone sane to explain how "I would like you to do us a favor though ..." is not quid pro quo. It seems the very definition of quid pro quo.

The word "though" seals it.
It says with the transcript that it is not verbatim.

There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that, so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great,” Trump is said to have told Zelensky. “Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it… It sounds horrible to me.”

While President Trump invoked Biden’s name, it was Zelenskiy who brought Giuliani into the conversation. Trump later said, “Rudy very much knows what’s happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great.”

If you put what you posted in the context of what the actual discussion was ,he was asking for clarity concerning “Crowdstrike”,the investigation started and was put under the rug under the Obama administration.

Page 3

https://www.scribd.com/document/4274...ial-Transcript

What I find interesting is people are accusing a sitting President for a inquisition towards a situation that involved a foreign country and a Vice President of the United States.

While on the same hand accusing a sitting president of doing the same thing.

So we only investigate the ones we do not agree with?

Does he not have the same right or obligation for the truth concerning allegations that you are asking of him?