Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    They were 75% done with drilling work in the second week of August, so I don't think it's much longer, at all. They are very close to vertical construction on the block, as in it should start next month at the latest. The ramp will be down there while they are building the crane, of course. Perhaps the digging they've begun at the southwest corner is an access point for when they get rid of the ramp.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's obvious by change that they are already ramping up and preparing for the next phase of construction.
    I don't know if I would count on vertical construction next month. The two crane permits say Nov 1 and Dec 1. Given how this project has been progressing, I think we should consider ourselves lucky if we get one tower crane built before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by angry_fred View Post
    I don't know if I would count on vertical construction next month. The two crane permits say Nov 1 and Dec 1. Given how this project has been progressing, I think we should consider ourselves lucky if we get one tower crane built before Christmas.
    They are also still covering all the caissons with earth after the drilling and concrete is poured. If the intention was to build on top of them soon, why bother with the effort to continue covering their tops underground?