Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
My biggest problem with Matt Shephard is that every Tiger outfield fly appears to him to be a looming homerun.

I like Jack, but I'm surprised he's lasted the season. Sometimes his negative attitude gets the best of him, even when being truthful. I keep waiting for that Northrup moment.

Can't really fault any of them though. It's a lot easier to call the games of a winning team than a losing one. I'm sure they mentally struggle with watching this team day in and day out, just like we do.
You most certainly can fault these guys. They are absolutely terrible. Shepherd would be fired immediately if they surveyed fan opinion. I've been on many sports sites and have yet to hear anyone who can stand him.
"What do you think about that?" "How does that make you feel?" "Explain why that is?" "Is that something you have to practice or is it natural?" "He spit on that one." "There's a drive to deep left. He comes in a step and camps under it."

As someone who lives out of market and gets the road crews for half the broadcasts on MLB Extra Innings I can tell you there are some annoying guys out there but nobody comes remotely close to Shepherd. I have watched all home games with the mute button on since mid-August. This season is tough enough without having to put up with him.