Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The Bonstelle Theatre [[former West Elm Hotel) project was announced in 2018, so it is of recent vintage. I hope they find another hotel chain, because that is one of the more exciting and unique projects planned for Midtown.

Looks like the mid is supposed to break ground by September 2022.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...it/6410436001/

From the wording in the article, I don't believe it at all. They say the residential tower will go up first because it's easier to get financing. They also say it'll go up in Q3, which is pushing it to the bitter end of their tax break timeline, and last, they say the design is 90% complete.

One of those things is a lie. If you're 90% on your design you don't need to wait 10 months to break ground, sorry bud. I don't think these guys are even close to being financed