Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Great to see Detroit in the news with Tlaib's support of anti-semitic policies. But no need for culture war here. Wondering how her constituents feel about her 'local actions'. How's she doing supporting Detroit and her gerrymandered district. [[Its a great shape, no?)
    Are you defining 'anti-semitic' as 'opposing policies for the state of Israel"? That isn't the typical definition, so clearing that up would help us understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Are you defining 'anti-semitic' as 'opposing policies for the state of Israel"? That isn't the typical definition, so clearing that up would help us understand what you mean.
    I shouldn't have tossed in 'anti-semitic'.

No, I won't clear that up here. Hoping discussion focuses on Representative Tlaib's support of her local district vs. foreign policy.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but calling out the Ilitches for misleading [[at best) on the sports facility and related is good for me to hear. That she's proposed a few more than average bills is also good news. [[But of course unless they are 'passable' bills, they might just be foreign policy aspirations in support of her myopic views on the Middle East.)

The wisdom or prudence of the conduct of the Palestinians and Israels isn't local politics. Let's leave it for another thread.