Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I know Canada doesn't. They've also curtailed people applying for Canadian citizenship, even if they have the necessary qualifications.
    [[another story for another time) Serious question. Did you watch the first Bernie video? How did those United States women get to see a Canadian doctor right away, and who is going to be charged and pay for that?
    I don't know their individual circumstances.........but I imagine they got the appointment the same way anyone would, by phoning and asking for one.

These caravans across the border aren't spontaneous....they're planned.

As for who pays, they would.

Either in cash/debit/credit or through their American insurer if applicable.

That's perfectly legal.

Foreigners here have to get medical care too.

Depending on your circumstances. [[ie. if you're a student here or employed here legally vs being a tourist) you may buy into the public system here, or buy private insurance, or you may just pay cash etc.)

Just as they paid the drugstore for the insulin.

No different.

Doctors here also accept cash from Canadians for non-insured services. Everything from a doctor's note, to cosmetic work, to an employment related physical/certificate etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    I don't know their individual circumstances.........but I imagine they got the appointment the same way anyone would, by phoning and asking for one.

These caravans across the border aren't spontaneous....they're planned.

As for who pays, they would.

Either in cash/debit/credit or through their American insurer if applicable.

That's perfectly legal.

Foreigners here have to get medical care too.

Depending on your circumstances. [[ie. if you're a student here or employed here legally vs being a tourist) you may buy into the public system here, or buy private insurance, or you may just pay cash etc.)

Just as they paid the drugstore for the insulin.

No different.

Doctors here also accept cash from Canadians for non-insured services. Everything from a doctor's note, to cosmetic work, to an employment related physical/certificate etc.
    The way she said they talked to a doctor for 15 minutes, I got the impression it was s.o.p. for getting a prescription filled in Canada. You used to be able to buy Canadian prescription drugs online, but they ended that. The AMA doesn't care for competition. Healthcare in general here is outrageous, prescription drugs more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The way she said they talked to a doctor for 15 minutes, I got the impression it was s.o.p. for getting a prescription filled in Canada. You used to be able to buy Canadian prescription drugs online, but they ended that. The AMA doesn't care for competition. Healthcare in general here is outrageous, prescription drugs more so.
    From this website: https://www.pharmacychecker.com/askp...ons-to-canada/

Yes, doctors in the U.S. can and do send prescriptions to Canadian pharmacies.

Canadian provinces require that pharmacies dispense medications pursuant to a valid prescription authorized by a Canadian practitioner. Therefore, U.S. prescriptions received by a Canadian pharmacy must be approved by a Canadian physician, who issues a Canadian prescription, prior to it being filled. This practice is often referred to as cosigning. We view the cosigning process as an additional review of the patient's health profile by a licensed practitioner to determine the suitability of the recommended treatment.
    To be clear, a patient or doctor in the U.S. only has to send a prescription. You do not need to worry about finding a Canadian practitioner. The pharmacy will take care of the approval process from there.