Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    We in SCS thank our lucky stars that they keep repaving with asphalt. When I moved into my house there in 1990, you could hear the freeway noise, which got worse at night [[wind direction, humidity, etc.). Now when they repave with cement they add grooves... and then you end up with this mess...

https://patch.com/michigan/farmingto...pefully-better

A repave of asphalt is OK by us....
    Glad to hear that, Gistok. Maybe you can post that on Saint Clair Shores YES! and get the of "us" to vote in a milage increase so you you won't be such a PITA burden to the rest of the taxpayers. A cheaper alternative would be to buy a box of those construction earplugs or perhaps counting sheep. 🤓😣👽 🤡

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Glad to hear that, Gistok. Maybe you can post that on Saint Clair Shores YES! and get the of "us" to vote in a milage increase so you you won't be such a PITA burden to the rest of the taxpayers. A cheaper alternative would be to buy a box of those construction earplugs or perhaps counting sheep. 邏 嵐
    No.... we're just happy to keep spending our portion of the I-94 budget on Detroit overpass constructions and widenings for the eventual 4 lanes that are coming to I-94 in the city... and then pass you the earplugs...

I'd rather MDOT spent money mitigating the harm of the expressways than making the harms worse. I consider widening I-94 the latter.

That said, I-94 is evidence: asphalt is at best a very temporary fix.

Gistok, at least you knew what you where in for when you moved there.

Bust, they are doing "I-94 widening lite"... no extra service drives [[beyond what is already there on the east side). But all the bridges between Conner and I-96 were in bad need of replacement... and are being replaced with a wider span [[future lane exansion, or shoulder expansion?). Not sure if they will ever replace the I-94/US-10 left exit interchange.

MDOT has been occasionally resurfacing I-94 with asphalt for over 20 years now.... scrape and replace... scrape and replace...