Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
Also live in Rochester Hills. I read on Nextdoor that they recently renewed the contract and apparently one of the terms is that they now pick up bulk only once per month. Nice of residents to get notified.
Here are the current guidelines: https://www.rochesterhills.org/index.aspx?nid=352

"Weekly bulk pick up of larger items on your scheduled pick up day."

I'm not aware of that changing. It used to be with Republic Services that you got one bulk pickup a month and you had to call ahead. I think that GFL does it differently and doesn't track it to lower on management overhead.

The city made some good improvements with the latest contract by separating out some of the contracts. Rochester Hills will now use SOCRRA for recycling [[but GFL is still responsible for collecting it and transferring it to SOCCRA). We now have access to use the SOCCRA facility on Coolidge in Troy to drop things off at no charge, a huge improvement over the NO-HAZ program.

The city also leaned on Recycle Bank to up their game. I've been rather disappointed with Recycle Bank, as it just seems to be a way to convert your "points" into marketing gimmicks that places would normally give out for free through their online apps or coupons in the mail. I always save my points up and donate to the school projects, but it's pitiful what the cash value of those points are.