Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    The only thing that seems to be certain is that the woman was asked to give up the empty seat she was "Saving" and maybe hers as well. Was it due to her race? No freaking clue, but as a clean cut white guy that spent my fair share of time on a bar stool I can recall being asked to move [[By employees) many times. If I ever wanted to "save" a seat in a slightly busy place I'd buy my slightly tardy friend a drink and have it set in their place. If they didn't come back by the time I finished my first, that drink's my second and the seat is empty. And I wouldn't even consider doing something like that if the place was packed. It's just rude.

I wasn't there to see what happened, but bars are in the business of selling alcohol and empty seats don't drink. My guess is this woman simply forced the issue of saving the seat and the bartender had enough.
    A valued regular might be able to curry favor and hold onto an empty seat for an extended period, but that's not a privilege given to every customer that walks in the door on a busy night.
    Kudos Johnny

Every seat in a busy bar MUST generate a certain number of dollars per hour. Same with every table and every booth. A bar / restaurant cannot stay in business if people camp out and nurse one drink for long periods, especially when they're tasking up 2 seats at the bar [[and a bar stool makes more money per seat than seats in a booth).

I too have been asked to give up my seat, table, pool/table. I never had a problem with it. Though it is rare,.. because if I see a couple people waiting for a pair of seats together,.. I'll move on my own. I'm sympathetic to business being a business person myself,.. and am not going to pitch fit about "my rights",... and screw up their ability to make a living.

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post
    Gant's cell phone video shows nothing to corroborate her story but, if J Alexander's surveillance camera show's otherwise, why don't they put that out there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Gant's cell phone video shows nothing to corroborate her story but, if J Alexander's surveillance camera show's otherwise, why don't they put that out there too?
    because once you turn it over to the police for investigation it is on them to present the video,in case charges are filed etc. you are not supposed to use the court of public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post
    and that is why we have cameras covering every square inch in our clubs and restaurants,an ant cannot get out the door with a crumb without being recorded.

thats that jessie syndrome.

Last edited by Maof; June-30-19 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Not on you,but her posting of tiny segments like that without showing the full context is like telling everybody else they are a bunch of morons.

People are a lot wiser then that and do not like to be manipulated.

But we are discussing or referring to 2 different instances,the most being discussed is the one where the claim is being made where she is asked to give up her seat for the two crackers.

Platforms like twitter and instagram draw the attention of less then 5% of the country,most of what I see coming out of both of those is a offshoot of reality TV or a large drama club.

The buisness has more at stake and stands to lose the most in this and I am sure it is in thier best interests to clear the air.

I live in the hood and no way I am going into Chucky Cheese,Red Lobster or any other eat in establishment,the outcomes are well established on YouTube,some people just do not know how to act in public and repetitive bad experiences have a habit of throttling ones buisness.