Councilwoman Lopez and Brenda Jones were the only two who didnt give in to the Illitches given breaks to build this arena. Gilbert, love him or hate him, had done more things in the past 10 years with the building that he had purchased than the Illitches had done in the past 30 plus years.The Illitches and others had brought properties and just sat on them over the years while building stadiums. Gilbert would had completed the UA building within a few years. The Illitches had started work on that building not many years after 911 but 15 years or so later the building is still not complete. I had listen to Horace Sheffield this morning on the radio as I was flicking through the channels and he had said that he owned properties in the city. I wonder if he and others are just sitting on these properties which are in key areas of the city and could had been developed years ago. The Illitches are terrible when it come to developments and should just do as Ford is doing; stick to building arenas and renovate buildings for next headquarters. But as long as they have friends in city government, the slow developements will continue