Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 151 of 432 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Massage parlors??? What massage parlors?

DK...She plays a good guitar....Has a girl banjo player, an guy on mandiln and another guy on dobro player...good stuff....Better explain the massage parlor thing to Stnft...He seems to be confused again...good luck..........Take care and ...GDGT

For Stone. Go Blu! The ugliest building on campus. People here in A2 thought they had it bad when the 1998-99 remodel included the ugly 'halo', which was so unpopular they had to remove it. This ugliness was rammed through by Bill Martin [[AD) and a board of sycophants, including Dave Brandon [[Domino's Pizza), Andrea Newman [[Northwest Airlines) among others, at a barely publicized meeting, stacked with supporters and allowing minimal discussion by opponents. UoM is BIG college business.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; August-22-09 at 11:43 PM.

What's GDGT mean?

DK GO DO GOOD THINGS

Hi to everyone, been busy with our son's marriage plans and will write more soon....
    but just for a thought...

"Keeping score
    of old scores and scars,
    getting even and one-upping,
    always makes you
    less than you are."
    Malcolm Forbes,
    American publisher,
    Forbes magazine
    [[1919-1990).

Really miss everyone and only wish we could have had more time together in June.

DK... that festival in the middle of MI is called the Wheatland Music Festival .org ...... happens every year the second weekend in Sept. Where many [[ around 15,000) camp together and share their love of Bluegrass and more ...... way more..

Just a sharing thought.. all of you share so many cool video's, movies, pictures and info ... and ahh the humor thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCgf6_M7i4

1kd........on the way to the Friday night pre-reunion soiree in A2 [[coming from the airport) Markley said something like "Wait til you see what they've done to the stadium". I sure wasn't prepared for what saw!! I was floored; speechless and really disappointed! How could that "assault on the senses" happen? Now I know, and it's a sad fact that Wolverine fans obviously got that piece of shit rammed down their throats, and even though I'm a USC Trojan fan, I can empathize. It's just wrong. And really ugly. I'm embarrassed for the Michigan football fans.

BTW....thanks for that photo. I didn't have time to get one myself. Got to show Peter Steinmetz what happened to the "Big House".
    Last edited by stnfrnt; August-17-09 at 10:05 AM.

Stone, I'll post or send you more stadium photos in time. I snuck in [[actually I was walking by and the gate was open) about a week ago and ran the stairs for a while before being discovered by construction workers and shooed out. I also spoke to a young lady at the Ferry Field track that said she'd done the same thing. She was amazed it was so easy. I am too. I'll try again. If I need to be bailed out of jail, I'll post.

It's all about BIG Business. That's why I'm less of a fan of college football, basketball and even hockey. When I joined the Dekers [[UoM Hockey Club) and Dugout Club years ago, you could walk in to the games. I always paid and lent support in terms of goods and services for events and promotions. I know it's the price of success and that's what we ultimately desire, but it's gotten way out of hand. I tired of being jerked around by UoM for my tailgate locations, so I dropped my season tickets and rarely attend. Of course, I was often too drunk and stoned to attend when I was tailgating, so I guess that's a wash. I still enjoy soccer, lacrosse, volleyball, rowing [[the rowing team has a boat house and competes on Belleville Lake - the next lake downstream from me), softball [[the girls are baaaad!), and other minor sports. Last night after my walk/jog at Ferry Field, I watched portions of a couple of league hockey games at Yost. One was late-teens and one was a senior league. There's so much to do here, no one has to pay high ticket prices for any type of entertainment. Students are coming back and Rugby will soon start at Elbel Field right near the Michigan Marching Band practice field. Two treats in one.

Howdy folks.....IOF ...always a treat to read your posts....I'll bet you folks are busy as can be ...getting ready for the upcoming nuptials....Give your son and his new family my very best wishes.....and take a couple hands full for your self....I know what you're going through......We are all waiting for you to post the video you mentioned.....Sure do miss all you folks.....Yeah 2months have passed and the reunion is still fresh in my fleeting memory.....hope we can pull off another get together soon....It sounds like every one is enjoying the summer, It is sad to see this one come to an end....Kids are back in school down here...Have been for a couple weeks....local pools and swimming lakes are getting ready to close up for the season......leaves are starting to fall.....garden is just about done.....almost time for my favorite time of year......DGRL...I'll bet your garden has produced a lot of veggies for you all....It is a wonderful thing you folks have going there......well enough of my rambling thoughts....Hope to see you folks soon.....If we want to make it happen... we can.......GDGT

That seems kind of weird Gash. Up nort here, it's hot and muggy. My garden is just really starting to roll. I just started getting my first red tomatoes about a week ago. The kids here don't go back to school for another 3 weeks and the pools, waterparks and beaches are packed every day. Fall is my favorite too.

Rona, you didn't happen to see Hot Tuna at an outdoor concert in Frisco did you? That might have been a couple years later. Actually I might have been at that one with Neil, Penny or Gus. I remember doing acid and going to see Billy Graham at the Oakland Coliseum. Just for something strange to do. I'll always remember them passing buckets along the rows of bleachers to collect money. There were Brink's trucks or Wells Fargo trucks sitting backed up to the ends of the tunnels. When the buckets got to the end of a row they were handed down to the armored cars and empty buckets were passed down the next row. Fascinating how they collected money like a well oiled machine. I'm guessing I might have been with some of the afore mentioned people.

I remember being at a free outdoor concert in downtown Boulder Colorado too. The Grateful Dead, Quicksilver Messenger Service and Jefferson Airplane, for free. Sponsored by the city.

Remembering Hot Tuna with Papa John Creach [[R.I.P.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDMr7IVg9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWxJO...eature=related

OG....blasts from the past with Hot Tuna......love their stuff....thx for the link....
    As far as school down here...I've never been able to figure out what they do down here....I'm at a loss....I guess I'm looking for logic, rational intelligent decisions etc. but there just isn't any....They get out of school early May and back at early Aug....They have more "snow days" than any where I've ever known...It's a whole other world
    As for the garden...I usually start planting mid May and again June.....this year I only did mid May...which puts all my pickin wrapped up about now....This year was goofy though.....Tomatoes came in late due to cool temps early summer and the critters took over my melon patch so I gave that up to them a couple weeks ago...
    Thx again for the Hot Fuc*&%G Tuna links........GDGT

huh?? whaa.....??

Hot Tuna..'s

Attachment 2751
    Last edited by stnfrnt; November-22-09 at 10:08 PM.

Yeah...but can she Tuna Piano....bada bing....How bout a rim shot Scotty......Hey...you put it out there, did you think no one here would jump on the...tuna fish/ tuna piano thing ......C'mon

Actually, no. I didn't think anyone would do that. How could they? I mean COME ON! OH..............I forgot. Sorry.

Have a day for a break and thought i would catch up on the community. Birthdays, weddings ,people sick and getting well, missed you all we have been very busy. John whats up did you get your mail or is it a redo. The shows have been up and down we are doing more to make less but we have met some great people. We did a show last weekend and our neighbor had attended some parties at the Gwood. We have a 3 day music feast this weekend that we are getting ready for and the ren fairs start soon so we are on the tread mill. All you people went to goose lake what a mind f ! B Man what a fish did you have the head mounted.

How about a Goose Lake reunion?????!!!!!!!!
    really - just kidding

Ruth, I'm game. It's not too far away and I know people that summer there. I haven't been to Goose Lake in many years. My niece and her dad had a summer trailer at Goose Lake a few years ago before moving to FLA. I have friends at Goose Lake now, who live in Miami, FLA and summer in Michigan. Susan says the basic layout is the same and there are photos, drawings and news articles of the festival and it's site, in her clubhouse at present. You got my curiosity up. I'm going to email Susan, visit, and report back.

Old Guy, Did we deduct enuff from the bucket to buy our next meal? After all our spiritial presence was worth something. I just remember thinking that the house lighting was the door to Heaven with Angels flying above. Were you Born Again then?

Took these pics yesterday...

Attachment 2758

Attachment 2759

Attachment 2760

Attachment 2761

These are a couple of my neighbors beds.

Last edited by det313grrl; January-07-10 at 01:21 PM.

This is mine.

Attachment 2762

Attachment 2763

Attachment 2764

Yellow pear tomatoes and lots of peppers!

Last edited by det313grrl; January-07-10 at 01:21 PM.

Sentiments from Wisconsin.
    Attachment 2765
    Last edited by old guy; November-16-09 at 05:04 PM.

Thats it! We're all movin' back to Detroit.

Dgrl.........way to go, babe!

Man, this Hot Tuna thing just keeps on happening!!

Attachment 2769
    Last edited by stnfrnt; November-22-09 at 10:08 PM.