Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The exact area I知 talking about is to the left and right of the pedestrian entrance to the Hotel. Appears to be a one lane in and one lane out. I知 thinking this could have been valet only-not for the general public. This is the entrance off Renaissance Drive. The area under the awning. The curb shape is what makes be believe theses were once driveways to the basement. They are blocked by a white wall with skinny windows?

I see it on google maps but having trouble posting it here. The "white wall with the skinny windows" that your talking about are on either side of the main entrance [[revolving door) to the hotel? I could be wrong but from what I remember, I don't think there was any type of entrance to a basement there.
    Last edited by Maof; January-13-19 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    The exact area I知 talking about is to the left and right of the pedestrian entrance to the Hotel. Appears to be a one lane in and one lane out. I知 thinking this could have been valet only-not for the general public. This is the entrance off Renaissance Drive. The area under the awning. The curb shape is what makes be believe theses were once driveways to the basement. They are blocked by a white wall with skinny windows?
    Yeah, no, there was never a ramp or any such thing into the building for vehicles from street-level. This is simply drop-off area for the hotel.

Again, the only vehicle accesses to the basement service level are/were a ramp down from Atwater which bases under Renaissance Drive West on the west side of the complex, and Franklin Street on the east side of the complex as these sit below the Jefferson level of the complex.

Name:  Atwater E.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  31.5 KB

Name:  Franklin.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  20.6 KB
    Last edited by Dexlin; January-13-19 at 08:29 PM.