Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I never figured out why we spend so much on the other side of the world and so little to our immediate south trying to help them so they can choose to stay home instead of coming here.
    I agree about our meddling "on the other side of the world". It's expensive and fruitless for most of us. However,"they can choose to stay home instead of coming here". I also agree that their home is not here. Maybe if we didn't incentivize their coming here with jobs and government benefits and make it so easy to do so with a porous border, including slack enforcement of visa overstays, they would be less likely to come here. Putting their cheating profiteering employers in jail and severely fining them would probably be more cost efficient than 30' walls.
    Last edited by oladub; October-20-18 at 09:22 AM.