Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

I at this point can possibly even see 0-16 again this season. The Lions are officially a joke at this point. Heck, I would run out of words to say about the overall league season if Cleveland goes winless again this season too [[even though they have a tie to their record).

The staff may have changed, and many of the players around him, but this was an almost textbook game of the Matt Stafford era. With the Lions falling behind in the first 3 quarters of the game due to lethargic and ineffective play [[including Stafford himself), predictable and conservative play-calling, and a plethora of errors and penalties. Then to come roaring back as Stafford and the offense suddenly come alive and he piles up big stats against a secondary playing soft on short passes. And finally to fall short at the end in a spurt of further carelessness and ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Bellicheck loves to embarrass his former assistant after they leave. Plus, the Patriots lost yesterday which will only annoy him further. I could see the Lions losing by 40 or more. Easily.
    No way they lose by 40, Pats my put up 40 [[with the Lions porous defense) I would think it’s going to be a Patroitd win by 10 points or so.

0-2 2018 Lions YAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Quick reminder: The Lions' history is ugly. The team last won a championship in 1957 and have just one playoff victory in the six decades since. This season marks 25 years since the last division crown. It’s a staggering level of ineptitude. [[Det News 9/15/18)
    But the Lions NEVER been to the Super Bowl or playing the Super Bowl. But least and Silverdome Ford Field have a Super Bowl game.

12/16/18 - Week 15. Lions at Bills. It's possible that the Lions will be 0-14 at that point. If the football gods have an ounce of mercy in them please don't let that happen. This team isn't really that bad, is it?

The Lions were surprisingly able to shut down the Patriots 26-10, bringing about an improvement to 1-2.

When was the last time the Lions won on Sunday Night Football?

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    The Lions were surprisingly able to shut down the Patriots 26-10, bringing about an improvement to 1-2.

When was the last time the Lions won on Sunday Night Football?
    This was the Lions first win on the Sunday night primetime national telecast, a record that is now 1-8, including 2 playoff games. They were one of just a handful of teams that had not won on the Sunday national broadcast.

As a side note I thought the city looked spectacular in the aerial and street level footage. NBC always does a great job highlighting the host city, and this one made me very proud.

Even after that "joke" of a game, on MNF, the Lions are surprisingly in the thick of things, due to slip ups by GB and Minnesota, who both are 1-1-1. Who expected the Vikings to get blowed out at home by the Bills? Minny goes to the Rams this week, who I think might be the best team in the NFC. Chicago, of all teams, is in 1st place, lol. They need to win at Dallas next week, however to gain some momentum. Things aren't looking as dire as before. Fortunes can change quickly, in the NFL.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-24-18 at 10:51 AM.

I have never bought into the Vikings, Rogers is fragile and Green Bay starts and stops with him, so neither team's poor performance surprised me that much. NFC North is the toughest division to figure out and pundits are...lazy.

I guess it pays to have a head coach who knows the other team's personnel and playbook...

But seriously, kudos to the offensive line and the defensive secondary for both playing better than a lot of fans thought possible and being the main forces in a winning a game that most folks thought couldn't be won. It was wonderful to see the team with a credible running game again, and I'm hoping for all the best for 2nd round draft choice Kerryon Johnson, who looks better than any back they've had for a long time.

Kudos also to Stafford and the offense for that drive late in the 3rd quarter after the Patriots had brought the score to 20-17. I know most Lion fans were thinking at that time 'oh well, here it comes' and getting ready for the big fold up. But that beautiful pass to Marvin Jones Jr kept the Lions solidly on top, and they never really looked back from there. An excellent win.

False dawn, friends.

Don’t fall for the o-key-doke.

Don’t bet the farm, don’t sell your children to Gypsies so you can go on tour in a van that smells faintly of cat urine and mold.

The brilliance you saw last night was a mistake.

We have gotten used to mistakes because they usually happen TO us, this time the mistakes happened to the other guys, don’t be fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    False dawn, friends.

Don’t bet the farm, don’t sell your children to Gypsies so you can go on tour in a van that smells faintly of cat urine and mold.

We have gotten used to mistakes because they usually happen TO us, this time the mistakes happened to the other guys, don’t be fooled.
    Love the optimism.

Whoever said that “a bad Lions team will not be good for the Detroit economy” sure doesn’t know what they are talking about when it comes to sports entertainment.

Patriots fans showed up by the many thousands from far and wide filling hotels and restaurants downtown yesterday to the brim expecting to see their team collect a easy victory over the 0-2 Lions. It just didn’t quite go the way a lot of people were expecting...

False dawn, friends.

As far as all the above goes, nothing to argue about at all - they looked fantastic on Sunday night - Stafford was absolutely surgical, that was one of his biggest wins ever. However, it’s put up or shut up time now, 13 games left, they better win 8 of them at least. It’s going to be a daunting task.

False dawn, friends.

What mistakes were made by the "other" guys?

I watched the whole game, and the Lions out played the Pats in almost every facet of the game.

I think Belichick is 9-0 vs former assistants? I agree that the Pats had some key injuries and weren't a vintage Pats team, but the Lions made Tom Brady look silly. I think they deserve some credit. Hopefully they can build on this.

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    What mistakes were made by the "other" guys?

I watched the whole game, and the Lions out played the Pats in almost every facet of the game.

I think Belichick is 9-0 vs former assistants? I agree that the Pats had some key injuries and weren't a vintage Pats team, but the Lions made Tom Brady look silly. I think they deserve some credit. Hopefully they can build on this.

New England was favored by 7 points, but the Lions, who came into the night 0-2, were able to push around Patriots for a 26-10 win. That dropped the five-time Super Bowl champion’s record to 14-9 against his proteges and 12-5 against the coaches who served him in Foxborough:

I think everyone would agree that in order for this to be a successful season the Lions must make the playoffs and win that second playoff game in 60 some years. To me, nothing less then that would be acceptable. They have to do some serious winning over the next 13 games to accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I think everyone would agree that in order for this to be a successful season the Lions must make the playoffs and win that second playoff game in 60 some years. To me, nothing less then that would be acceptable. They have to do some serious winning over the next 13 games to accomplish this.
    I totally agree. Tough task though, they're schedule is a killer.

Lions played out of their minds but it's one game. Only a fool would count on more than six wins.

Only in last place with a losing record of 1-3, don't worry.....

Attachment 36642

I think something may be starting here...the Lions were all over the Packers today to improve to 2-3. Helping this was the fact that the Packers surprisingly missed at least three field goals, extra points and even a two-point conversion.

OK, this team is driving me nuts now.

Of course it does help when the other team turns to ball over 3 times, misses 4 FGs and 2 XPs, and plays an entirely incompetent 1st half. But, still, after last week's putrid performance, who saw a win over GB coming?

Now an off week. In 2 weeks another stinker vs. Miami?
    Last edited by EastsideAl; October-07-18 at 10:33 PM.

Lions offensive looks significantly improved. Stafford has 3 legitimate receivers to throw to. However, I think Golladay is going to come back to earth - he can’t be this good.

Defense is definitely suspect, especially against the run.

Interesting to see how they do against the rest of the division. Obviously Green Bay is a mess right now.

Not buying any of it. Don't be fooled by the 'any given Sunday' rule. Any team with a decent running game is going to tear us to shreds. Not only can we not stop the run, giving any NFL quarterback 6-8 seconds to throw is eventually the kiss of death. Green Bay has nothing....they're a shadow of what they were, especially when it comes to offensive skill players.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast