Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    That's what Village, Township, City and County ordinances, Police and Sheriff's Departments are for, not a bunch of of biddies with over active busybody genes and Napoleonic complexes.

None of those departments are going to respond to the types of annoying, self-centered stuff I'm talking about. In fact, they won't even respond to worse. In most cases you or a loved one are going to have to be either dead or seriously injured, [[and even then you'd better have film) before something will get done, like maybe a warning. Do a y'all tube search on "bad neighbors". You sound like you've had a run in with The Bored before. C'mon, fess up, what did you do? Leave your snow shovel out all Summer???

I would rather rent in the Woodbridge area or Lafayette Park. I love the older apartment buildings on Commonwealth street but Lafayette Park has a better location with all of the bus lines. My third choice would be West Village. West Village has great potentials and should be cluttered with delis, fruit markets, anything that make the area a more walkable community. I hope that Sister Pie is able to purchase the building that they are in. They wanted to expand into the next storefront that once was a beauty shop but the powers that be allowed the bike shop to be in that spot. I would rent anywhere in the city that is near a great bus line and near a good grocery store and cleaners

Either one could be fine, but if I were renting for myself to live in, I think I'd favor the Park Shelton because I like to hang out at the DIA and go to the Hilberry and I like the idea of being right on Woodward, and I don't really want to deal with stadium nonsense. But I'm sure a lot of younger folks would prefer being closer to downtown.