Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    What kind of money do you make that $6200 seems reasonable?
    I make very little, it was sarcasm.

Most city cruise ports are ugly industrial areas.
    Some are, some aren't. I've sailed most of the routes listed on the Victory site. There are some very beautiful areas and sights on the Great Lakes. Cleveland has a really nice waterfront area. Georgian Bay Thunder Bay are scenic. I don't think any of the cruises are worth their asking price. I hope they manage to stay afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I make very little, it was sarcasm.

Some are, some aren't. I've sailed most of the routes listed on the Victory site. There are some very beautiful areas and sights on the Great Lakes. Cleveland has a really nice waterfront area. Georgian Bay Thunder Bay are scenic. I don't think any of the cruises are worth their asking price. I hope they manage to stay afloat.

Gotcha, it can be hard to detect sarcasm on the internet. I have cruised out of Boston and New Orleans and both ports have left something to be desired.

Gotcha, it can be hard to detect sarcasm on the internet. I have cruised out of Boston and New Orleans and both ports have left something to be desired.

Never been to N'Orleans, but Boston's Ok. Don't forget, other then the contrived "Detroit Port Authority" most old city ports were designed to receive and ship goods via waterways. Even in the Virgin Islands, the cruise ship ports are designed with a touristy flare, but if you go to any of the actual working ports, that receive and ship cargo, they're more rudimentary.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-17-18 at 12:17 PM.

Yeah, I can testify N'awlins = Not So Nice. We can do better.