Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Pam, “I am deeply disappointed that Congress has once again abdicated its constitutional responsibility to authorize war" is something we should hold all our candidates to. I wish Bernie would have included Serbia, Libya, and Syria in his short list and been more anti-war during his presidential campign. Syria is crucial because Trump has perpetuated Obama's interventionism there. People there are suffering. 40% of Syrians in Syrian refugee camps had moved back home as ISIS was rolled back but now Syria and Turkey are creating thousands of new refugees fighting U.S. backed refugees. Will someone explain why we are still trying to topple Assad? Turkey is completely out of bounds. It's hard to imagine neocon SofS Pompeo improving the situation.

Bernie is a getting old though. I'm hoping that Tulsi Gabbard will be the Dems' presidential candidate in 2020. She has her head on her shoulders regarding the unconstitutional wars of which Bernie spoke. Otherwise, she is a Democrat but if Trump expands these wars, Tulsi Gabbard's strong point regarding non-interventionism might outweigh her liberal tendencies. If Bernie ran as her VP, he could bring his contingency to vote for Tulsi while she attracted independent voters and shaved off some non-neocon Republican votes.
    Bernie voted against the Iraq war back in the day. He did talk about war during the campaign. Tulsi introduced him at the 2016 convention and in her speech she said she was backing him because he was also against regime change interventions. I agree she would have been a good VP choice. Unfortunately, I think any progressive candidates will get blocked again in 2020. The Dems still haven't gotten rid of super delegates and corrupt party officials. Maybe they will run as independents.

Here's Tulsi in 2016:

https://youtu.be/b87RZ_mQU6Y
    Last edited by Pam; March-21-18 at 07:14 PM.

Pam, Thank you for reminding me that Bernie voted against the Iraq war. Bernie, Dennis Kucinich, Ron Paul, and some others saw through Bush's lies. It isn't just about getting rid of things like super delegates and corrupt officials though. As you know, big money is poured onto its puppets and that same money owns the press. It seems they are driving the leadership of both parties toward more acts of war while the U.S. empire slowly collapses. Their solution is more of the same, although we are less able to afford more of the same. One spooky thing is the resurgence of McCarthyism found here and elsewhere trying to make us fear being called out for not hating Russia enough while driving Russia closer to China. Rand Paul is doing a good job of confronting police state and military interventionist policies in the Republican Party while Tulsi Gabbard and Bernie are isolated by mainstream Democrats for doing the same. I wonder how a Tulsi Gabbard/Rand Paul, either order, independent presidential campaign would fly? My guess is that they wouldn't be invited to debates.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Pam, Thank you for reminding me that Bernie voted against the Iraq war. Bernie, Dennis Kucinich, Ron Paul, and some others saw through Bush's lies. It isn't just about getting rid of things like super delegates and corrupt officials though. As you know, big money is poured onto its puppets and that same money owns the press. It seems they are driving the leadership of both parties toward more acts of war while the U.S. empire slowly collapses. Their solution is more of the same, although we are less able to afford more of the same. One spooky thing is the resurgence of McCarthyism found here and elsewhere trying to make us fear being called out for not hating Russia enough while driving Russia closer to China. Rand Paul is doing a good job of confronting police state and military interventionist policies in the Republican Party while Tulsi Gabbard and Bernie are isolated by mainstream Democrats for doing the same. I wonder how a Tulsi Gabbard/Rand Paul, either order, independent presidential campaign would fly? My guess is that they wouldn't be invited to debates.
    The Iraq war vote was one reason I never supported Hillary. She voted for it. I know some people voted for Trump over her because she sounded like a bigger war monger during the campaign. Then Trump gets in and he's dropping bombs on Syria too. The "deep state" is real and it's running foreign policy. I think the majority of Americans are tired of endless war.
    Last edited by Pam; March-22-18 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    The Iraq war vote was one reason I never supported Hillary. She voted for it. I know some people voted for Trump over her because she sounded like a bigger war monger during the campaign. Then Trump gets in and he's dropping bombs on Syria too. The "deep state" is real and it's running foreign policy. I think the majority of Americans are tired of endless war.

I want my money back.