Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Robinhood Grille was on the East side of Livernois South of Eight Mile.

I remember going there when we lived in Sherwood Forest. I remember three days after the riots it was open and there was a guardsman in combat gear sitting in the door drinking a coke. It only lasted a few years after the riots.

Quote Originally Posted by pkbroch View Post

I remember going there when we lived in Sherwood Forest. I remember three days after the riots it was open and there was a guardsman in combat gear sitting in the door drinking a coke. It only lasted a few years after the riots.
    I thought it was still open way after that. I thought it closed about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pkbroch View Post

I had heard stories of the riot reaching the Ave of Fashion. I am surprised that the riot was able to reach that far north being the type of neighborhood the Avenue of Fashion went through. I would think that such as Grosse Pointe, the surrounding communities would had helped the police keep it from spreading there

there need to be more stores especially basic need stores that will drawn out the money that is in the area. No more cheesy flea market like or low quality retail

I don't recall there being any actual rioting or looting on the Avenue of Fashion; there certainly couldn't have been much damage or I would have noticed, but there was supposedly a sniper on top of Merchandise Mart [[now Pet Supplies Plus). As you can imagine, people were very nervous, and there were all kinds of rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    there need to be more stores especially basic need stores that will drawn out the money that is in the area. No more cheesy flea market like or low quality retail
    You got that right, the quality of retail on that street for the last 30 years has been a complete joke.