Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
Of course you can't see where the humor is. My remarks were not meant to be humorous.

Let me put it this way. The Book Building will never be renovated.

Clear enough?
Can you also predict when recessions begin/end and whether it will be sunny 15 days from now? The hell, man. Optimism doesn't hurt; in fact it feels pretty nice.

I believe that if Ferchill feels it's viable, then it will happen. Based on everything I've read, he really does his homework, as evidenced perfectly in the Book Cadillac. It's really just a matter of securing financing, which hopefully becomes easier in the coming year or so. We're not talking Condos, we're talking apartments [[along with other mixed uses) that still have a demand in this soft market. I think a lot of people see potential in Detroit, and it really is ripe for opportunity long-term despite the economic cloud of recent.

I was fortunate to not only get a private tour of the Book Cadillac during its construction, but to briefly speak with both John and Chris Ferchill - both of whom are outstanding gentlemen that have a tremendous amount of pride and enthusiasm for this city. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from them.