Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The stores that exist in Washington Bvld. are WBC Coffee, The Roast, A Jewerly store, An Arab owned deli and convenient store, St Aloysius Church and Book Store, Wingate Buildings Apts, Colonials, Trolley Market, Himelhocks, A Black owned Beauty Salon, and Julian Mason businesses.

I tuned into Detroit Today on WDET, and a woman, I'm not sure where she was from, was being interviewed about Ferchill and Washington Blvd, she said that he seemed very excited about developing Washington Blvd. They also talked about the Book Tower and that was also a positive conversation. Ferchill knows that Washington Blvd. is prime for Detroit and hopes he can make it into a dense place for shops, residencies, and businesses.

I have always heard that Washington Blvd was where the stores were, Rather then bug my Mom, What kinda stores were there?

Washington Blvd. had the high end stores, Himelhoch's and J.M. Citron to name a few. [[Griswold had lower-tier stores and Woodward had the middle-tier stores).