Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
I always love when anecdotal evidence is used to counter actual statistics and facts. Stop looking inward at your own experience and start thinking about what others need to deal with. It is hard to say given that I know nothing of your personal story other than what has been written to cite any specific instances of privilege, but I do find it interesting that you think it is only money that talks, not skin color. Obviously you haven't paid attention to the number of loans made to people of color trying to start a business in the city vs. those who are white or living in the suburbs.

When you started out did you go to the bank and get a loan to open a studio? Or did you start out at the bottom and worked your way up dealing with the good times and bad?

That is the real world on how most small business are started regardless of color,forget about statistics,just ask small business owners as you are out and about how they got started,I think you may find more often then not it involved a lot of sacrifices and going without along the way,without the banks help.

Do I think that there is missed opportunity within the inner cities that is detrimental to the country as a whole,yes and that is also why I think we need to stop all of the political witch hunts and concentrate the energy on fixing that,if we are unwilling to deal with that then it becomes a moot point.

It does not matter who we are, where we are raised or what color we are,we are all in the same boat and we really need to be fixing it without distractions.

I am glad to hear the three sides of the discussion,everything needs to be on a leval playing field for everybody.