Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    It has been 'weaponized' and has become a litmus test and people are either sufficiently or insufficiently for it.
    Same thing is being done with those who 'take a knee.' If you aren't doing it then, somehow, you are against civil rights or something. Never mind if you have a different opinion on if it's appropriate, it's a litmus test of your dedication to whatever cause some guy thought up.

Here's how a free society works. The players are free to say and do whatever they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone. The NFL is free to fire them, support them, get rid of the national anthem, whatever.

Personally, I think the kneeling protest thing is silly, as taking a knee during any sort of ceremony has historically been a sign of fealty to one's lord or master. Add in the uniforms, helmets, and parallels between football and war, and the optics are pretty goofy. Not what's intended I'm sure, but that's sure what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Same thing is being done with those who 'take a knee.' If you aren't doing it then, somehow, you are against civil rights or something.
    I've not seen anyone criticize those who stand. The only criticism I've seen is for those that get enraged by kneeling, but don't get enraged by unequal rights and the treatment of minorities that they're protesting.

Folks that are kneeling are doing it to upset people so they're heard. Just like when black people started refusing to give up their seats to white people, it offended people and they got heard.