Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    ... Finally, MDOT just bought the tracks from Kalamazoo to Dearborn a few years ago, and has been making upgrades to those tracks to get to the higher 110mph speeds. The construction work associates with those up has caused some recent delays, but those delays should mostly go away once the project is finished. Thus you will soon have a very quick ride from Portage Indiana to Dearborn, but still issues at the ends of the line, particularly around Chicago. ...
    Any updates on that track work between Kalamazoo and Dearborn? I remember reading a lot of announcements about this but haven't seen any real progress reports. Also still hoping they increase service as discussed once the line upgrades have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Junjie View Post
    Any updates on that track work between Kalamazoo and Dearborn? I remember reading a lot of announcements about this but haven't seen any real progress reports. Also still hoping they increase service as discussed once the line upgrades have been made.

The current phase of work is mostly complete. Although there is still much more work to do from what I have been told, should more funding ever become available. The same can also be said for the frequency increases... funding dependent.