Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    I don't know if that will be true about baseball. Even when the Tigers are total chumps like in the mid to late 70s and the lost decade of 1995-2005, they still drew over a million fans each year. There's something about a trip to the ballpark that is still favorable to folks. Plus, at Comerica Park, you can bring a cooler of your own food if you don't want to pay outrageous concession prices.

I know the Tigers on the skids right now, but still they've drawn nearly 1.5 million already this season. The Red Wings? I can't say. I've not been to a hockey game in nearly 25 yrs. The Pistons? I went to a few games this year. Yes, the arena was only 40-50% full each time. I suspect it's because of their play, but also because driving out to the Palace is a hike for many folks who will probably show up at the new place. Although, metro Detroit is a sports hungry area. I've not looked at other cities, but I know many aren't as fervent as here which may play a factor in empty sports seats.

Regarding the Falcons pricing, I like it and hope to see it duplicated elsewhere.
    In regards to the Pistons, if they win, they will come. When they were the dominant team in the NBA Eastern Conference in the mid- to- late 2000's, when they won a title and went to 6 straight conference finals, the Palace led the league in sellouts for a few years. I'm sure the same could be said for the Red Wings, when they went on their run. The Tigers do well regardless of record, as do the Lions. If the Lions ever make the SB, this town will go bonkers.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-30-17 at 11:03 AM.