Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I only buy GM and Ford products made in the US although my wife has a Tesla Model 3 on order - also made in the US. I realize that Toyota has a great reputation but no one ever argues that the Manhattan tribe made a good deal paying a premium for higher grade European beads. The premium was and is too high with the cost of unemployed Americans who have to be added to tax rolls often forgotten in the equation. We have a great trade agreement with Canada allowing an equal number or value, I forget which, of vehicles to be sold in each direction duty free. That would be a desirable agreement to have with other nations. Why is it, by the way, that almost every Asian-American drives an Asian name tag car? As much as I respect Asian Americans for their hard work, achievements, family stability, and other statistics, they seem as unconcerned about fellow Americans' welfare when buying cars as Democrats. At least Democrats benefit by creating needy classes who vote Democrat, as in Flint, but what do Asian-Americans get out of depressing US workers?
    . I guess my flag waving Trump loving GOP neighbors didn't get memo that conservatives and conservatives only care about US workers when they bought their Lexus and Acura. Guess I made a mistake with my Buick too. I'd also suggest that you stay out of the Tesla or people will think you believe that climate change is real. Great bit of racial stereotyping though with the Asian comments. Now it's time for me to continue my search for made in the USA Trump branded products.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; July-29-17 at 03:14 PM.