So I was back in town a couple of weeks ago and dropped by the corner of Cass and Peterboro. Man, that building that held the Showcase Collectibles had changed. There's the new Peterboro Restaurant, a tattoo parlor, and a micro-brewery there. The building looked nice and there were literally groups of young suburban white kids walking around. It was a strange sight to see. As I was walking around with my friend, an African American man approached me and my friend and asked what we were doing there. I explained that my family owned Chung's back in the day. He lived in the projects just a couple of blocks away and shared fond memories of going there as a kid. I asked him what he thought of the changes going on. He said that he tried to go to the Peterboro once, but they wouldn't let him in. They said it was a private business and they had a right to let in whoever they wanted. That made me sad [[and a little angry). My family would never have turned anyone away like that. While I am glad the area is bringing in new businesses, I hope that it doesn't become segregated. I mean, isn't that why Detroit had problems in the first place?