Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Listen to all this complaining. First it is "Jefferson Ave is awful to cross as a pedestrian, and it hurts Hart Plaza". Now the city is actually doing something about it, and people are still complaining.

Will this block of Woodward turn into some foot traffic mecca? No, but it is certainly better for pedestrians than what exists today, even if it won't be used that much. Let me ask the question a different way: How is this worse for pedestrians then what exists today? It is obviously better, that is a good thing.

As for vehicles going to the parking garages on Larned and Congress, it is really quite simple... Don't miss the Larned exit coming down the Lodge and try and circle back. At the end of the day, you leave your ramp and take Congress back to the Lodge... it really is not that complicated. And sorry for me not shedding a tear that you may get caught in some minor traffic jam while commuting at rush hour in the downtown of a MAJOR CITY. Shocking, I know.

Let me guess, your parents told you never to go across the street, drove you everywhere you wanted to go, and brought you everything you wanted right up to your room.