Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
Have you?

I have multiple times. The Chunnel.

I am clueless on how you came up with "No security theatre"
When I was a passenger on the channel tunnel Eurostar there was a abundance of security. "Show up 2 hours early" worth of it actually, directly written on the tickets. It was my first experance with Israeli El Al level of security. Individual interviews for everyone separated from the group traveling. The works, everything at airports then more of it.

Then, walls and lots of barbed wire. I mean A LOT. Prison quality double fences protect those tracks. It is not exactly a picturesque view out the windows because of the fences.

There is a serous problem in the world with terrorism. High speed rail is just another very large attractive target. Blinders will not solve the problem.
No, that isn't true. I've been on Euro rail and other high speed rail lines in Europe multiple times. There is security for Euro rail but it is no where near as cumbersome as airport security [[also a frequent flyer here). In fact, I was just in London last week and passed under the Euro train tracks that go from London to Paris. It was no more secured than Amtrak tracks are here in the U.S.