Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Your second paragraph answers the preceding paragraph. In the RTA plan, it was going to come under RTA control around 2024. But since the plan was defeated, that's in limbo.

Professor, do you know what would it take for the streetcar to go under DDOT's control? Now DDOT doesn't have the best track record in managing transit, but it's getting better, and considering it was birthed out the Department of STREET RAILWAYS, it would be fitting for DDOT to have a street railway division.
    Not certain I understand you. I was noting that other groups in the city like the Riverfront Conservancy have raised the topic of expansion. I guess you're saying that they only raised it on the assumption that the RTA would expand it, but then the RTA's master plan through 2026 never included anything about using millage money for QLine extensions. I was wondering whether this was just daydreaming in the RFQ [["wouldn't it be nice someday...") or whether people think there are plausible alternative routes to the RTA for making an extension happen if the first segment is a success.

I'm looking at page 7 in this document. "Connectivity and expansion of M1 Rail via East Jefferson Avenue, including proposed design, budget and financing." Did we ever hear what SOM came up with to meet that bullet point requirement?
    Last edited by Junjie; April-18-17 at 10:38 AM.