Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    The history of that place is well documented in Mafia lore, as there was a lot of shady stuff going on at that place as well as with the owner. I even think it was written about in a book about the Mafia and it's many connections in Macomb County.
    True. The influence of organized crime in Shelby extends far beyond Four Bears. Historically, the governance of the municipality has been rife with corruption: collusion and payoffs between developers & township officials, sweetheart monopoly deals with private township contractors---even some speculation regarding election tampering in the past.

My Mom lives there, and I frequently ask her [[other than overpaid police & fire) what she is getting for her tax dollars. Given the growing population and devoid of public transit, the streets are ridiculously undersized, inadequate, ugly [[traffic signals dangling from bare wires), and largely in ramshackle condition. The one township "library" is a joke.

There are no residential street lights, curbs, sidewalks, or street sweeping included. Installation of sewers are paid for separately by homeowners or developers and waste collection is handled by a for-profit independent contractor. IMO, the only upside is the adequate [[albeit, not stellar) school system.
    Last edited by Onthe405; April-12-17 at 11:10 AM.