Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Borat in Warren

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The difference between corruption in Detroit [[and other suburbs) and Warren is that when there's corruption or scandal in Warren no one hears about it because the press basically doesn't exist there. It's also not a place where politically ambitious people run for office so there's not much political incentive for them to get the dirt on their opponents. And the politicians don't really have the political/media skills to spread the dirt around anyway. The more you pay attention to suburban local politics the more you find that most of them shouldn't be in charge of anything either.

Secondly, is Fouts actually responsible for the quality of life in Warren? Is the police department functional because of Fouts's ingenuity or is it because Warren has enough of a tax base that it can fund them? What has Fouts done to reverse Warren's decline? Is there anything particularly good about Warren in the first place?
    True true.-I've always propounded the understanding that crime that happens in the suburbs gets no where near the proportional or fair exposure in the media as crime reported in the city [[which many police friends of my family can attest does happen and does go under-reported). Warren is exactly the kind of city I keep in mind when stating this.
    Last edited by G-DDT; March-24-17 at 04:59 PM.